We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Final Belarus Itinerary

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Final Belarus Itinerary

Thank you very much to those who responded to my previous post; I would like some further advice before I book my hotels.

My new itinerary:

Two nights in Grodno,

Seven nights in Minsk

Two nights in Brest.

Is it possible to visit Mogilev in a day from Minsk? I am interested in visiting there as it was the field headquarters of the Russian army during the First World War.

I will travel into Belarus from Lithuania, is Grodno easy to travel to from Vilnius? I would prefer to travel by train if possible.

Is the Museum of the Great Patriotic War open in Minsk? Some guide books say it has been closed.

The final point I would like to ask: must I have a letter of invitation from every holiday to get my Visa? Will these come automatically with a booking made on expedia or booking.com? If not can anyone recommend some reasonably priced Belarusian travel agencies who can supply that service.

Many thanks in advance

Mentioned in this post
Minsk, Belarus
Destination Expert
for Minsk
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Final Belarus Itinerary

no problems at all.

the only problem is that in Raigardas and Salcininkai there are awesome duty free shops at the border but they do not you let you out of the bus ((((

and p.s.

I have a hobby, going abroad finding cheapest way.

Minsk-Vilnius now is cheapest if made by train from Minsk to Lida (1.5 eur), then Lida-Vilnius bus (3 eur).

Can you beat that? :)

Edited: 5:27 pm, March 03, 2013
12. Re: Final Belarus Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 05, 2014