We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NY eve in Minsk and train

g o
Cardiff, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
NY eve in Minsk and train

We're travelling to Minsk on NY eve from Lithuania. We have all the visas etc sorted but need some info on the train.. We had planned to catch the 6.05am train from Vilnius but I've read that there's a 0715 one. Is this right? do you have anymore info i.e where to catch it from etc?

Secondly, could somebody recommend an activity to do on NY Eve in Minsk? we'd like to go to a concert/ballet/opera etc. Found this belarusopera.by/en/schedule-and-tickets-1424 but it seems to be sold out

cheers

Minsk, Belarus
Destination Expert
for Minsk
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NY eve in Minsk and train

Unfortunately, all operas and circuses and similar places were booked out long ago at reasonable and unreasonable prices. Hopefully, you've booked a hotel because there will be no vacancies - the Russians are coming)

The best way to learn about a train from Vilnius is a Vilnius forum or perhaps http://www.litrail.lt/ - the website of their railways.

For the NY I could suggest a city tour.)

A

Minsk, Belarus
Destination Expert
for Minsk
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NY eve in Minsk and train

just try what other people do. get a bottle of champagne, go downtown to any major Christmas tree, watch the fireworks and enjoy the crowd celebrating the New Year.

I am afraid all clubs and restaurants will be full. So will be theatres(opera,ballet) if any are open on this day.

Also it will be impossible to call a taxi on the 31st - too big demand, take that into attention. But underground will be operating till 2:30 a.m., so will be busses, trolleybusses and trams.

The 7.15 Vilnius-Minsk train is running only at weekends. But there are still plenty of tickets for the early 6.05 a.m. train. Also there are at least 3 morning busses from Vilnius to Minsk. So you will definitely be able to get here by noon.

Edited: 1:41 pm, December 27, 2012
Minsk, Belarus
Destination Expert
for Minsk
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NY eve in Minsk and train

here you can buy Vilnius-Minsk bus ticket online

http://www.autobusustotis.lt/en

out of 3 morning busses they still have tickets available for 2 of them.

So hurry up.

p.s.

i think the 7:20 bus is just perfect for you.

Edited: 1:49 pm, December 27, 2012
Minsk, Belarus
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NY eve in Minsk and train

If there is not tickets on the website you can go directly to the Opera cash desk and ask the tickets. Usually they have some.

5. Re: NY eve in Minsk and train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 31, 2013