We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belarus Visa

Lymington, Hampshire
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Belarus Visa

I am travelling to Minsk in August for 7 days and i am slightly unclear if i need to provide an invitation letter or just the name and address of the person i am visiting?

I will be staying at a different apartment in the city but the person visiting has given me her details for me to fill in on the visa.

Having read through the Belarusian Embassy visa instructions it seems all i need to provide is the details of the person i am visiting and will not require an ivitation letter from her?

Any help would be much appricated.

Minsk, Belarus
Destination Expert
for Minsk
Level Contributor
2,473 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belarus Visa

depends onthe place you apply for your PRIVATE visa. Your home country consulate will only require her personal data specified in the application, while Minsk MSQ consulate will demand a special invitation, which is a bit of a headache.

yes, you may stay at a different place, just make sure that your host will arrange your registration with the local OGIM department.

A

Lymington, Hampshire
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Belarus Visa

I am applying for my visa at the embassy in london so I will just give her details.

Thankyou for answering my question, big help!

Minsk, Belarus
Destination Expert
for Minsk
Level Contributor
2,473 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Belarus Visa

Feel free to address me on any other issue - I've PMed you my details)

A

Douala, Cameroon
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Belarus Visa

I plan to visit belarus next mounth but I want to know the conditions to obtint the belarus visa.

please help me by giving the real informations that I'll use to apply for the belarus visa.sincerly

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
3 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Belarus Visa

Here in The Netherlands it was rather easy to obtain the Visa. No invitation was needed, only a hotel booking confirmation. I did include my WizzAir ticket from Eindhoven to Vilnius. From there i'll be traveling to Minsk by train.

Price of the visa was 60 EUR + postage (15,50 EUR)

…belembassy.org/eng/consularissues/

Minsk, Belarus
Destination Expert
for Minsk
Level Contributor
2,473 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Belarus Visa

That's correct - a hotel booking would suffice for a ten-day long short-term visa.

A

Minsk, Belarus
Destination Expert
for Minsk
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Belarus Visa

I would say belarusian embassies in belgium and netherlands are probably most visafriendly in europe. very often they do not require invitations and in general are very helpful and friendly.

Minsk, Belarus
Destination Expert
for Minsk
Level Contributor
2,473 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Belarus Visa

London is good, too. A Chinaman sent over his papers and got a visa without having to show up in person as his local Consulate of Belarus stipulated.

Italians got their visas armed just with smiles, not papers.

A

County Tipperary...
Level Contributor
376 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Belarus Visa

Hi Felix. My Daughter and I are planning a 3 day trip in May. We are both Irish passport Holders. We will be staying in a Hotel. Will a Hotel Booking also suffice?

P

County Tipperary...
Level Contributor
376 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Belarus Visa

The visa fee seems to be £75 for me? but will my 4 year old daughter also pay £75? if so am I correct in thinking that I send a bankers draft for £157 to the Belarus Embassy in london with our passports, photographs, hotel confirmation and completed application form?