We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Migration card in Belarus

Minsk, Belarus
Destination Expert
for Minsk
Level Contributor
3,726 posts
30 reviews
27 helpful votes
Migration card in Belarus

Migration card is abolished in Belarus as of March 2018 and from now on only travelers in transit to Russia are getting one. Your entry /exit stamp will go on your visa. Your hotel will serve a little piece of paper confirming registration.

A

21 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
149 posts
1. Re: Migration card in Belarus

Hi Andrei,

Any thoughts on the implications if staying at a private residence rather than a hotel? When entering visa free for 5 days there was no need to register before and hopefully this didn't change?

Minsk, Belarus
Destination Expert
for Minsk
Level Contributor
3,726 posts
30 reviews
27 helpful votes
2. Re: Migration card in Belarus

No, 5 working days for that still. Registration by private host occurs at the police station.

A

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
527 posts
1 review
3. Re: Migration card in Belarus

@Felix300 Can the visitor self-register (possibly with a copy of the host's identity/residence documents) or does the host strictly have to be at the OVIR?

For example, what if you book an AirBNB apartment whose owner is NOT at home (but leaves the keys for you)? I often book such places.

Minsk, Belarus
Destination Expert
for Minsk
Level Contributor
3,726 posts
30 reviews
27 helpful votes
4. Re: Migration card in Belarus

The host's presence and signature is required by law (he/ she signs the form with the guest data). Make sure the host is willing to take part or turn down the booking - it is most likely an illegal rental. It's called OGIM these days, check for more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SifvDpEfe48

A

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
527 posts
1 review
5. Re: Migration card in Belarus

@Felix300 So if an AirBNB is offered where I have the apartment for myself and the owner doesn't have the opportunity to set aside time for this, I cannot stay there for more than 5 days?

I know in some countries with similar systems the owner can issue a notarised authorisation for the foreigner to self-register, is that not a possibility in Belarus (specifically Minsk)?

Edited: 2:06 am, September 04, 2018
Minsk, Belarus
Destination Expert
for Minsk
Level Contributor
3,726 posts
30 reviews
27 helpful votes
6. Re: Migration card in Belarus

Well, I can't add much to the above. If they don't have time - they don't have time for their business. Definitely get a stamp within five first working days. Contact me directly if you have technical issues.

A

Kristianstad, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
1 review
7. Re: Migration card in Belarus

i have a question, if staying longer than 5 working days, how is registration done at hotels without the migration card as it is no longer issued? I heard hotels should put a stamp on the back of the migration card, but they can't do this if visitors are not issued migration cards anylonger.

Level Contributor
149 posts
8. Re: Migration card in Belarus

I've not stayed in a hotel for a while but if you get registered privately via OGIM, you get given a small paper when registering which is stamped. I guess its the same in a hotel.

Minsk, Belarus
Destination Expert
for Minsk
Level Contributor
3,726 posts
30 reviews
27 helpful votes
9. Re: Migration card in Belarus

Same principle for the hotels, a little piece of paper with a stamp.

A

Kristianstad, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
1 review
10. Re: Migration card in Belarus

I was given a migration card from LOT Polish Airlines, they told me it had to be filled out. I didn't cause I read here on Tripadvisor it's no longer required for those only visiting Belarus. Sure they not changed the law again?

Reply to: Migration card in Belarus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted