We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking tour - how long before?

Singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Booking tour - how long before?

Hi all,

I am planning to go for 2013 arirang games but I can't confirm my work schedule. I am wondering how long in advance I should book my tour?

1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking tour - how long before?

Depends on your citizenship and if you are on their records. Americans will be 30 days, but others could be about 3 weeks. In the summer months you can get slipped in faster if you do featured tours. Good luck.

Al

Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking tour - how long before?

Remember that next years Arirang mass games will be scaled down compared to previous years and It will take place at the smaller Kim Il Sung stadium (capacity 50,000) rather than May Day stadium (capacity 150,000).

(Information from Juche travel services)

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking tour - how long before?

Check out Koryo tours - I used them three years ago and they were superb. Once you have made contact they can tell you the whole procedure including visas which they will do for you. The mass games is one of the most spectacular shows on earth. Hundreds of gymnasts moving in perfect formation and on one side of the stadium school children display heroic scenes of NK's history. I was lucky to see it in the may day stadium. I heard they were thinking of scrapping it completely at one point so even a scaled down version is going tobe worth it and its always included on the itineries depending of course on what time of the year you go. NK is amazing - one big totalitarian theme park. You will leave not knowing whether to feel happy or sad for them. Someone commented on my pics that the people looked innocent. Frankly these poor people are so protected from the outside world its quite unbelievable and they are given to believe that their poor poverty stricken country stands among the great nations of the world. Its a nation that has been brainwashed beyond help and for all i know they may not even want it and certainly wouldnt understand it. U certainly wont see anything else quite like it anywhere else in the world.

have a great trip

angie

www.angietravels.com

4. Re: Booking tour - how long before?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 02, 2013