We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will two single well-traveled women be bored in Tahiti?

El Cajon, California
Level Contributor
410 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Will two single well-traveled women be bored in Tahiti?

We're good friends and have traveled to many places together. We haven't been to Tahiti. We're both athletic professionals that love to travel. Will we be bored in Tahiti? I've been told that we would be. Please respond. Thanks.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Will two single well-traveled women be bored in Tahiti?

It just depends on what you're looking to do. There isn't a whole lot to see and do there, so if you're looking for a lot of activities, tourist attractions, site-seeing, etc.....there isn't much. If you're just looking to kick back and relax and do nothing, but lay out, snorkel, swim, dive, etc., then it's the place for you. The most "boring" part of the trip will probably be at night. There is absolutely no nightlife whatsoever, except what might be happening at the bar of your hotel with other guests. There is no TV. There's only about 4 or 5 channels and they're all in French, with the exception of 1 channel: CNN.

Also, being single, if you're looking to meet and hang out with other singles, there will be some but not very many. It's mostly honeymooners and some families.

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,311 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will two single well-traveled women be bored in Tahiti?

To me, and I've been to the South Sea's 20 times. it's all about kicking back on the beach, enjoying the beautiful lagoons, and relaxing. If that's not your thing, don't go. Pub

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Will two single well-traveled women be bored in Tahiti?

I agree with the first post. What is it that you want to do? Are you staying only on Tahiti or will you be traveling to some of the other islands? If you are planning on staying only in Tahiti, perhaps you would be bored, but if you explore the other islands (especially the larger ones, Moorea and Bora Bora), you have lots of choices for swimming, snorkeling, scuba, hiking, shopping for crafts or pearls, and just sightseeing around some of the most beautiful islands in the world.

Sydney
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Will two single well-traveled women be bored in Tahiti?

i think you will be very popular with the local men! We met some locals who told us that it was very hard for them to meet single women, as most of the women on the island (Bora Bora) were their cousins, and almost all the tourists were honeymooners!

Southern California
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Will two single well-traveled women be bored in Tahiti?

That's true. If you want to meet some single local men, you won't have a problem with that. The only problem is trying to figure out WHERE to go to meet them! Most of the restaurants mentioned here and in the tour books are usually full of other tourists (honeymooners)!