We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florists in Papeete?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Florists in Papeete?

Hello,

I will be traveling to Papeete and Mo'orea in late March to early April. Just wondering is there is a florist near the airport, or if anybody knows if I can bring cut flowers back to Canada? I've done so from Hawaii.

Thanks!!

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
512 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Florists in Papeete?

Were your flights (PPT-LAX-YVR) booked as one ticket or 2 separate tickets? The reason I ask is that if you purchased 2 separate tickets and will not be getting your boarding pass for the LAX-YVR leg when checking-in in PPT, you will not have time to deal with ANY delays at customs in LAX with a 2 hour layover. When we travel via LAX (even on 1 ticket) I try and leave at least 3 hours, preferably 4 for any delays. Reason being, even if you have your boarding passes for your next flight, you first need to clear customs, then will likely still have to change terminals and thus go through security again. This can be a nightmare at LAX.

Honestly, it may not be worth it. As Patti said, the customs agents can be very strict and if they find anything they don't like, your stuff will be confiscated, possibly causing you a delay (or even miss your flight). When you get home, you could call a local florist and see if they can make you a tropical arrangement. It may be expensive, but not as expensive as buying a new flight home from LAX!

12. Re: Florists in Papeete?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 16, 2014