We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone out there done the Tetiaroa sailing with L'Escapade?

Rio Rancho, New...
Level Contributor
442 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone out there done the Tetiaroa sailing with L'Escapade?

Iaorana! Im heading to Tahiti in 2 weeks and planning on trying the L'Escapade on this trip (not enough time on previous trips). Just wondering how others out there liked the excusion.

Bora Bora, French...
Level Contributor
967 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone out there done the Tetiaroa sailing with L'Escapade?

Are you gonna go by yourself? The Tetiaroa excursions are sort of like "do-it-yourself" excursions. They'll drop you off over the reef onto the beach, (the dinghy has to take the right wave the get you over, always quite amazing- point out where the bird island is and off you go, until they'll pick you up to cross the reef back on the boat (same sort of rollercoaster ride), drinks and lunch and back on route to Papeete. It being also popular with local (French) residents the company could be interesting... The return trip is usually kind of rocky with the predominat winds this time of year (Mara'amu) coming from the SE...

Mind you the colours are truly spectacular (on a sunny day that is of course) and the beauty of the different motu's such that you're mouth may drop open lol wondering how anyone could have created such a thing. If you've never visited the Tuamotu's, it will give you a perfect insight in the atolls, of which many have similar scenery around the outer motu's.

Rio Rancho, New...
Level Contributor
442 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone out there done the Tetiaroa sailing with L'Escapade?

Yes, going by myself unless one or all of my hosts want to go. Getting dumped off and exploring works well for me. Guess I better bring a watch, hahah. Thanks for the info. Ive been to Tahiti 3 times but havent been on this excursion. My "Francais" is decent enough so I should get by. Merci beaucoup!

Rio Rancho, New...
Level Contributor
442 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone out there done the Tetiaroa sailing with L'Escapade?

Pardon,,,,, Mau'ruru Roa!

Rio Rancho, New...
Level Contributor
442 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone out there done the Tetiaroa sailing with L'Escapade?

Back now and did the L'Escapade. GREAT trip but you spend more time going to/from Tetiaroa than you spend on those beautiful atolls. Still I think it was worth it. One of our Hosts actually took our group on a tour to where the birds nest and took pictures with out cameras Just one thing, the seas were rough coming back and we arrived about 50 minutes late. The other boat to Tetiaroa (Vehia) blew past us going and left Teitiaroa about the same time we did. They got to spend a little more time on the atoll but I think the trade-off would be the Vehia is a smaller boat and a more rough ride.

Rio Rancho, New...
Level Contributor
442 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone out there done the Tetiaroa sailing with L'Escapade?

Poehere, by the way, I think I took my best photograph on this trip on Tetiaroa

Bora Bora, French...
Level Contributor
967 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone out there done the Tetiaroa sailing with L'Escapade?

So glad you enjoyed! This time of year the SE wind is pretty strong (Mara'amu) so yes any vessel going that direction is a rough ride (like Maupiti express and so on) and I can imagine the trip back being rough!

7. Re: Anyone out there done the Tetiaroa sailing with L'Escapade?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, October 07, 2012