We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great RAtes for Hotel MANAVA ......

Which Papeete hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
pa
Level Contributor
504 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Great RAtes for Hotel MANAVA ......

Well we have decided to take a chance with this hotel on the reccomendation of others. Found great rates on Wotif.com Prepayed though. We will be in Papeete 3 nights. We arrive 10PM on a Sat.

Sue

Concord...
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great RAtes for Hotel MANAVA ......

Sue

Thanks for the tip on where to find discounted rates. Please post your experience when you get back, would love to hear how it went.

pa
Level Contributor
504 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great RAtes for Hotel MANAVA ......

We used Wotif while traveling in Australia and NZ. Their rates are not always great but I think they are pushing the hotel at a lower rate since it is new. Will be in Tahiti first week of June. Then to Hawaii and back Mid July. Will post a F/U. Other wise I use alot of Priceline.

Sue

Concord...
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great RAtes for Hotel MANAVA ......

I had never heard of Wotif.com, but glad to hear you used them successfully for your past trip. They indeed offered the lowest prices I could find.

Now, for something odd about trying to book a room at the Manava Suite Resort Tahiti....

After looking at numerous website (wotif, expedia, hotel.com, travelocity and including the hotels own website) all categories of rooms showed availability for the my dates. I even went thru the booking steps on a few of the websites to determine the final cost.

But when I emailed the hotel chain, I was told the hotel was totally sold out in all categories for that date. After having seen it available on all the websites, that seemed odd to me, so I called the hotel directly in Tahiti and the reservation agent confirmed that they were indeed sold out. When I asked if was a convention or individual guests in the hotel during that time, the gal couldn't understand me.

Has anyone else run into that problem?? I would be curious to know.

Bocce

Concord...
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great RAtes for Hotel MANAVA ......

UPDATE...

I emailed the hotel regarding the situation I mentioned above and they replied back that the all the websites must had prepaid for the rooms.

I'm guessing that the websites and tour companies have a block of rooms and haven't released them or booked them all, as of yet... She advised me to book thru their website.

Still a bit odd, but whatever, at least I got some sort of answer :-)

B.

pa
Level Contributor
504 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great RAtes for Hotel MANAVA ......

I had emailed about an industy rate and they quoted me (before we booked Wotif which had a better rate) so I suspect everyone is jumping on trying to sell their rooms. New and Papeete must be a good combo and the few reviews I have read were good. I am certain the price will go up as they become popular.

Sue

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
141 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great RAtes for Hotel MANAVA ......

Air Tahiti-Nui is offering a great deal to this hotel with airfare from LA - $1198 for 6 nights including airfare for dates from August - December. I'm seriously considering going and wondering if anyone has stayed there before. The 2 reviews are excellent...

pa
Level Contributor
504 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great RAtes for Hotel MANAVA ......

I saw one other review that was good. This is a new property. Takes time for others to get there and post.

Sue

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Great RAtes for Hotel MANAVA ......

Ia orana

I am puzzled by website offering live availability for FP. Hotels there don't have block rooms allocated. They used some times ago but got burnt by tour operators that did not managed the blocked space well and released the unsold inventory a few weeks prior to travel (too late to resell then).

You might have requested a time period with a group booked and prepaid there.

Any Booking that I do for my guest require a quick live ( and expensive) telephone call to ensure the up to the second availability and taking an option of the said category.

Hope you will get the special rate you have found and enjoy the Manava the way i just did a few weeks back

meherio

pa
Level Contributor
504 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Great RAtes for Hotel MANAVA ......

Meherio

One more question. We have a day rate at the Sheraton after our cruise and before our flight 11:45PM. We also have an offer for a day rate at Manava (which a little less money but not a major issue for us.) Is the Sheraton more convienent to be at for the day if we might want to go downtown and closer to the port? Will will make arrangements for a car to pick us up at the cruise ship transport us to a hotel for a day rate and then to the airport at night.

I was also thinking I might want to check out the Sheraton for the day since we cancelled our trip there. Help me see for myself what the situation is as they had been very nice to me by email.

What are the advantages/disadvantages for just a day at either place.

We will be in Papeete for 3 days and Moorea for 4 days prior to our cruise.

Thanks

Sue

Concord...
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Great RAtes for Hotel MANAVA ......

Meherio,

I did go ahead and book a Lagoon Suite on the discounted website. Hopefully, I will truly have a room there.

Still not sure why I was told they were sold out, I even called the hotel directly (wonder how much that will cost :)

I think I'll give them another call to reconfirm this weekend just to make sure I'm all set. Wouldn't want to get there after a 13 hour plane ride + hours in airports only to find out at night I don't have a room. I'll make sure to give a report when I get back!

Thanks for everything, you've been very helpful in all your posts!!