We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FP for the first time/Kitesurfing?

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
6,225 posts
467 reviews
Save Topic
FP for the first time/Kitesurfing?

Hello Im planning to visit the FP with my husband for the first time next May.

We are flying from Argentina, to Isla de Pascua (we will stay there 2 nights) and then 2 weeks to Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora.

After reading several posts, I understood that this three Islands are a must see. I will like your help in order to organized my trip regarding on how many days stay in each island and if it is better to start in Bora Bora and finish in Moorea before returning to Tahiti for our plane back home or the other way round.

Finally we love kitesurfing is it possible to practice this sport? is there any kite school?

Thanks a lot.

Blue BsAs

French Polynesia
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: FP for the first time/Kitesurfing?

If you like outdoor sports & activities, 5 days in Tahiti, 5 days in Moorea and 4 days in Bora Bora may be a good program.

We usually recommend to visit in this order: Tahiti, Moorea and finally Bora Bora, in order to go "crescendo".

There is a kite surf school in Tahiti, at the Pointe Venus beach, and several well-known spots for kite surfers in Tahiti & Moorea.

Aerial map: www.tahiti-kitesurf.com/index.php…

Bora Bora, French...
Level Contributor
967 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: FP for the first time/Kitesurfing?

You may check out as well: http://www.mooreakiteboarder.com/

upperleft corner you can check English language

Just a suggestion, if you're a diver have a look at the Tuamotu's as well, atolls like Manihi, Tikehau, Rangiroa, Fakarava which you could add to Moorea and Bora Bora

3. Re: FP for the first time/Kitesurfing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, October 21, 2009