We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taha'a or Bora Bora?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Taha'a or Bora Bora?

Hello!! We have made our honeymoon reservations for 1 night Tahiti, 3 nights Moorea Hilton and 3 nights at Le Taha'a. From many reviews I've read that Taha'a is more relaxed, intimate, and has better service than the big bora bora resorts. Did we make the right decision in choosing Taha'a over Bora Bora? I just keep thinking that there has to be a reason why everyone heads straight to Bora Bora when they visit the French Polynesia.

Kona
Level Contributor
2,514 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taha'a or Bora Bora?

Oh, you've made a wise choice, IMO. Bora Bora is more heavily marketed, due to all the overseas investments in the ubiquitous over-the-water bungalow resorts. But those same resorts have caused many environmental and cultural problems on Bora Bora, and it's often pointed to by residents of the other islands of the perfect example of what NOT to do in developing a tourism industry.

It would be nice if Taha'a hadn't already started down the same road - but for now, you will find it much less touristy, especially if you choose to stay in a pension (there are some really nice ones) rather than at a resort like Le Taha'a.

Congratulations of your upcoming wedding!

Edited: 9:37 pm, November 09, 2012
2. Re: Taha'a or Bora Bora?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 am, November 10, 2012
Edited: 1:05 am, November 10, 2012
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taha'a or Bora Bora?

Thank you for the advice! Is it possible to do a day trip to Bora Bora? I feel like I'm missing out a tad if we don't at least take a look at BB's lagoon.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taha'a or Bora Bora?

Bump

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taha'a or Bora Bora?

You may want to take a look at the Maupiti Express

schedule and see if you could fit it in. Please note that it says that the time schedule can change anytime. There is also a helicopter which is very $$$$$$$.

http://www.maupitiexpress.com/

If I were you I would play it by ear and inquire at the resort once there what your options are during your particular stay, Is it worth it? I wouldn't spend hundreds of dollars for it.

Regards Bo

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taha'a or Bora Bora?

tahiti-tourisme.com/doclinks/maupiti_express…

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taha'a or Bora Bora?

We just left La Taha'a for Bora Bora and I think you made a good choice. La Taha'a is a wonderful place really quiet and laid back.

8. Re: Taha'a or Bora Bora?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, November 23, 2013