We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best View of Mt Otemanu, which resort?

London
Level Contributor
885 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Best View of Mt Otemanu, which resort?

Dear all, being a newbie for Bora Bora the resort choices are more than complicated for me, my research from here and there shows that Pearl Beach Resort, IC Thalasso and St Regits all have stunning views, but if I have to choose one of those, which one shall I book?

Many thanks!!!

London
Level Contributor
885 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best View of Mt Otemanu, which resort?

Oops, maybe I should add Le Méridien Bora Bora on my list too,, thanks a lot!

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,455 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best View of Mt Otemanu, which resort?

Hi Sologirl2010:

Happy to give my thoughts :)

Each resort has it's own special view of Mt Otemanu & the island, and each traveler has their favorite :)

The Pearl has a softer view of the mountain and it is lit by the sunrise.

The St Regis has a gorgeous view of Mt Otemanu and the island itself.

The IC Thalasso has the most dramatic view... Mt Otemanu looms large just across the lagoon.

The Le Meridien is in fairly close proximity to Thalasso so their view is similar, but alittle further away.

In my personal estimation it's beautifiul from every vantage point. I would also consider the resort itself, ie: ambience, decor, amenities etc...that appeal to your personal senses (along with budget of course). You will spend alot of $ to stay at these resorts, so choosing a property that appeals to your taste and $ is also important.

For instance, the Thalasso has a modern and contemporary design, the St Regis is quite refined and the bungalows are gigantic, the Pearl has a distinct polynesian decor etc....

Hope this helps abit :)

sunny regards,

shully

Edited: 2:16 pm, October 12, 2012
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best View of Mt Otemanu, which resort?

Ia orana

The pearl would offer the best view of Otemanu, the other resorts are looking towards Mount Paia

Meherio

KAP
USA
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
293 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best View of Mt Otemanu, which resort?

IC Thalasso!

London
Level Contributor
885 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best View of Mt Otemanu, which resort?

Thanks a lot!!

6. Re: Best View of Mt Otemanu, which resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, December 15, 2013