We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warwick, coral coast food and drink prices

Melbourne
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Warwick, coral coast food and drink prices

Hi, hoping we can get some advice on whether the meal packages are worthwhile? We have breakfast included in our package as well as afternoon tea and pre-dinner drinks. It's $63 pp to add lunch and dinner, but I've been told they don't include drinks anymore?? Does anyone know what meal prices are like over there? We are travelling with 2 young children too. Any advice would be very appreciated ;)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
189 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Warwick, coral coast food and drink prices

I went late 2012 - we had breakfast included and often shared lunch or had snacks. At the time I didn't think it was worth it to buy the all inclusive and we were happy with our choice! I still have the menus if you want them? Send me an email alikeane at gmail dot com

Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Warwick, coral coast food and drink prices

I was just about to ask the exact same question. It was an extra $900 to add the dinner package to our 7 night stay, for 2 adults, and a 16 year old. We also have 2 younger children who eat free so wouldn't include them. It seemed a lot of money just for dinners. Wondering if it was worth the extra $$$

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
189 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Warwick, coral coast food and drink prices

I think it's going to be close either way. We spent a total of AUD$700 at the resort over 6 days which included all lunches except one (4), all dinners (6), a pair of thongs, a book, some souvenir t shirts etc. We had small lunches (or shared) and a few drinks each a day including cocktails.

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
130 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Warwick, coral coast food and drink prices

Haven't stayed at the Warwick but have stayed at its sister resort the "Naviti" a number of times and done the all inclusive thing and found it to be very good value.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Warwick, coral coast food and drink prices

We stayed in August 2013 with a then 6 & 9 year old. We did the food included so we didn't have to stress about what each meal cost. It was all paid for before we went. We loved it. It made it so easy we could choose what we wanted without a care as to the cost. We spent about $700 AUD on drinks/souvenirs/wi-fi etc. Will definitely get an all inclusive when we go to Fiji next year. Stress free.

Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Warwick, coral coast food and drink prices

One thing to bear in mind, is that unless you are a particularly big eater, a full breakfast, lunch and dinner will be unnecessary. I find that after having a big buffet breakfast, I don't need anything more than a small snack for lunch. Because of this, I tend to find the meal plans cost more than paying as I go because I end up paying for a meal each day that I don't need.

I would suggest contacting the Warwick and asking for a copy of their menus and buffet pricing and compare that with the cost of the meal plans.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,899 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Warwick, coral coast food and drink prices

Other things to consider when deciding are - will you always be there for lunch? Or might you be away on a day trip (which often include lunch in the cost). Also (and believe me... not wishing this on you) should one of you become sick, which can happen in the tropics through things as simple as temperature and dietary changes, you will not be taking full advantage of your meal plan but will still be effectively paying for those missed meals.

8. Re: Warwick, coral coast food and drink prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, February 25, 2016