We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fresh cows milk available to buy?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Fresh cows milk available to buy?

Hi,

We are travelling with our 17month old to Sigatoka Fiji and was wondering if there is fresh cows milk available to buy near the Outrigger?

Thanks,

Edited: 11:54 pm, March 12, 2014
Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fresh cows milk available to buy?

Fresh milk is pretty hard to find in Fiji. Most of it is UHT Milk.

Maree :)

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fresh cows milk available to buy?

Never seen fresh cows milk for sale in Fiji- if it was available would be very, very wary re pasteurisation, brucellosis etc As Cricket states UHT is available everywhere.

Waitakere City, New...
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,592 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fresh cows milk available to buy?

My thoughts are the same as manaregulars...... be cautious in regards to any purchase of fresh milk. The milk in the islands is primarily long life (UHT) for a reason. You can take formula for your toddler though, just declare it and all should be fine.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,162 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fresh cows milk available to buy?

Agree... I would not purchase any fresh milk in case it has not been pasteurized etc. Too much of a risk.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fresh cows milk available to buy?

Thank you for your help!

Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fresh cows milk available to buy?

my boys drink raw milk here in Australia but was never able to get it each time in Fiji - my boys got used to drinking fresh coconut water when we were there - maybe take over some kind of organic UHT - it is only for a short period so try not to panic too much! Don't forget probiotics!

7. Re: Fresh cows milk available to buy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, March 16, 2015