We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Fiji?? Help please?

Glasgow
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Fiji?? Help please?

Hi

I am hoping someone can help me. I am visiting Fiji for 3 nights in October this year with my sister & parents as part of a world trip.We are travelling on a budget and I am looking for some suggestions as to where we can stay.Because we only have 3 nights, the travel agent had suggested the Coral Coast as it is not too far out from the airport & would not have very expensive transfers. I have come across a resort called The Crow's Nest. Does anyone know anything about it? It looks good on the website but then again I suppose they all do?

We are travelling on a budget & some of the hotels in Fiji are really too expensive for us. I know the coral coast is probably not the best area to go to but unless anyone can suggest somewhere else, that's probably where we will go.Can anyone help please? I really appreciate it! Thanks

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Fiji?? Help please?

Karen, even for only three days I hesitate to suggest the coral coast. Ironically the only time I spent any time on the CC was in 1999 and I did stay at the Crow's Nest. The place itself was nice and the rooms are among the best I have stayed in the Pacific. Split level with a kitchen and a view of the ocean. There is a acceptable pool but the beach and lagoon are very sub par. May I suggest spending your time at Beachcomber Island. All meals are included and while it's a tiny island you will have a nice white sand beach and good snorkeling. it's an island that caters mainly to the young and unattatched but during October it's quiet. I stayed at Beachcomber in Oct 89 and it was not that crowded. Just my suggestion but I have spent over 225 days in Fiji over 12 trips, so I have experience. Still if you do decide on the C.N. it's O.K. Cheers, Pub

Glasgow
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Fiji?? Help please?

Thanks Pub.I don't know if we want anywhere too quiet as mum especially likes to visit markets and shops etc. That's good you say the Crow's Nest is fine. It says it has been refurbished recently & it works out a really good price for the 4 of us $195FJD/Night. I don't think we would find anywhere else for a better price. This was a deluxe 2 bedroom with ocean view as well. We will have a think about it before we book but thanks for your reply. If you can recommend any other places of interest please let me know.

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Fiji?? Help please?

Karen, I detest shopping, mostly on a tropic vacation. I can only say the Crow's Nest would be a good choice if that is important. They will take you to Sigatoka for a small fee. Cheers, Pub

PHOENIX
Level Contributor
162 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Fiji?? Help please?

Karen78, if you're on a budget, try Googling "Seashell Resort at Momi" and see what comes up. They changed ownership recently so I don't know what the name changed to but you can get a four person to six person bure there for a very reasonable price. And not expensive transfers, unlike getting to the islands, which are gorgeous but almost not worth the time and effort for the short time you're going to be there.

The Coral Coast isn't so bad, as long as you are at a resort. No beautiful sandy beaches to speak of but plenty of other things to do.

Do try to stay outside of Nadi though - there really isn't much going on in there - one main street (with your market on it - hint - the further down you go in the booths, the cheaper it is; the booths by the street are the most expensive!) and you'll run out of things to do in an afternoon in Nadi.

The Seashell is an hour outside of Nadi - it isn't actually so far but you go off road for a bit. The people couldn't have been nicer there to us.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
711 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Fiji?? Help please?

Karen,

As you only have three days, I suggest you stay in Nadi and do some day trips from there.

You could do the Tivua Island Day Cruise - see www.captaincook.com.au

Also, you could take the Namuamua Inland Tour. This is a scenie coach ride to Navua where you board a longboat to the remote Fijian village for a traditional kava ceremony, lunch and entertainment.

The Tanoa International Hotel in Nadi is a good place to stay as a base.

Doing the above you'll get to experience an island and an authentic Fijian village.