We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire or Transfer?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
95 posts
240 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire or Transfer?

We are currently planning on going to Fiji and wanted to know if it would be cheaper to hire a car as in compared to the price of a transfer. Looking at staying down on the Coral Coast, but are also wanting to go to Hard Rock for a day as well?

Could someone suggest which would be the best to do. If someone suggests transfers to and from the hotel, how would we get to the Hard Rock for a day as well?

Thanks

FordyPerth

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire or Transfer?

Here's the link for transport in Fiji. Add another 2.5% vat onto this as it appears the prices haven't been updated

We always catch a taxi from Nadi airport to our destination on the mainland.

Usually a good price, we do negotiate before getting in though

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294331-c134811/Fiji:…

You want to spend a day at Hard Rock ?????? please tell me more :)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
95 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire or Transfer?

Thanks for your suggestions.

I am a Hard Rock Cafe freak and love their cafes and have travelled the world and always call into a Hard Rock and I believe that the one in Fiji is rather new - I also believe that there is a little shopping in this area of Fiji, please correct me if I am wrong.

I will check out that link that you have posted.

Thank you

FordyPerth

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire or Transfer?

oh lol, I thought you may have meant the Hard Rock Cafe.

It's at Denarau Marina, Port Denarau, where most of the boat trips to the islands depart. There is shopping at the port, and my young adult children love it there and at the Hard Rock Cafe.

We've had burgers and a few drinks at HRC Denarau at lunch time a few times. And they do sell T-shirts inside, but to eat most people sit outside and look out at the boats, yachts etc over the water at the marina.

To get to or from the HRC to the Coral Coast there is a local bus service "Sunbeam" if you opt for a local coach

here's the link http://www.sunbeamfiji.com/service_rnd.htm

or the taxi, perhaps a hire car could be a good option, but you may need the bus if you want a few drinks there...all day ? ?

lol, you may need a room to stay try the Terraces apartments across the road from the marina. Have fun!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
95 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire or Transfer?

Lifetraveller,

Thanks for that, I am sure that if the bus goes there and then we will possibly opt for that. I also collect Hard Rock pilsner glasses from around the world at all the different HRC and just love the atomosphere and food in there.

Not planning this trip until next year, but was just sorting out a few things.

Thanks for all your help

FordyPerth

Townsville...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Hire or Transfer?

We returned from Fiji two weeks ago, after staying at the Naviti Resort on the Coral Coast. I also had this dilemma, however decided to hire a car, and I'm glad we did. I booked the car in advance, cheapest I found was Europcar - just over F$700 for seven days (Hyundai). The drive from Nadi to the Naviti was just over 1.5 hours, however I believe its over 2 hours if you catch the bus. Driving allowed us to explore when we wanted throughout our stay, and was certainly more comfortable with two kids. Although we didn't use it every day, it was still worthwhile to have the freedom. We stayed on the Coral Coast for six nights, and had the last night in Nadi (early flight next morning), so perhaps this might be an option for you when visting the Hard Rock - either first or last night in Fiji. Hope this helps!

Townsville...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Hire or Transfer?

We returned from Fiji two weeks ago, after staying at the Naviti Resort on the Coral Coast. I also had this dilemma, however decided to hire a car, and I'm glad we did. I booked the car in advance, cheapest I found was Europcar - just over F$700 for seven days (Hyundai). The drive from Nadi to the Naviti was just over 1.5 hours, however I believe its over 2 hours if you catch the bus. Driving allowed us to explore when we wanted throughout our stay, and was certainly more comfortable with two kids. Although we didn't use it every day, it was still worthwhile to have the freedom. We stayed on the Coral Coast for six nights, and had the last night in Nadi (early flight next morning), so perhaps this might be an option for you when visting the Hard Rock - either first or last night in Fiji. Hope this helps!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
95 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Hire or Transfer?

Madimum,

I am now thinking that we will hire a car, as you mentioned it is easier to go off and explore if you want to if you have a car - if not then you are obliged to use the public transport.

I am assuming that the driving is pretty basic over there - we have driven in alot of countries, but have avoided places like Indonesia for the obvious reasons.

Thanks for your input, really appreciate it.

FordyPerth

8. Re: Car Hire or Transfer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 24, 2012