We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vanuatu and naviti

woy woy
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
vanuatu and naviti

Is there a Naviti resort in Vanuatu or another resort that offers a similar deal - all inclusive food and drinks etc. Looking to travel to Fiji or Vanuatu this time next year with hubby and two boys aged 9 and 4 by that stage. Hoping for a lovely relaxed holiday with lots of water activities (a bit of a contradiction I know) and a good package deal.Thanks, Nichole

Brisbane Qld
Level Contributor
212 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vanuatu and naviti

if you stay at the Naviti in Fiji you need to consider doing the Village day trip at DANNYS VILLAGE HOMESTAY.

DANNY'S VILLAGE DAY TOUR is situated on the southern coast of Fiji's main island, Viti Levu. This area is known as the Coral Coast. It is easily accessable from the Warwick and Naviti, Resorts on the Coral Coast. Travelling with children, no problem. It will be an experience they will never forget. Tupou your host for the day will pick you up from your accommodation and travel back with you to the village of Namatakula. Make sure you catch the local bus to the village this way you can meet the locals. (they are so friendly and helpful) There you will have a guided tour of a real Fijian Village but before the tour you will be shown your lunch been prepared and put in a ground oven (lovo) in the traditional Fijian way (make sure you bring your camera) You then visit the local primary school and meet the headmaster who will show you around his school.Back to Dannys to unearth your lunch and then it is a feast of traditional Fijian foods. After lunch you can relax on the beach (Dannys can not get closer to the beach or you will be in the sea) snorkel in the bay (a guide from the village can take you to the best spots) or a walk around the village planation. This is a truely amazing experience. Take a look at the photos on DANNYs website and you will get the idea. I went with my wife and our 3 children aged 12, 10 and 3 and it was just GREAT. hope this helps.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,447 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vanuatu and naviti

In Vanuatu the La Lagon or Meridian Hotels are similar to the Naviti Resort.

They are on the shores of Erakor Lagoon which is tidal and safe for swimming. My preference would be La Lagon, plenty of room to move around and great facilities for the kids.

In Fiji I would go to an island resort in preference to the mainland. Mana and Plantation Island Resorts have some good specials going. You can pre purchase meal plans. They have great kids clubs, crystal clear lagoons, swimming pools and bure accomodation instead of a small hotel room. More of a Fijian experience.

Tuncurry, Australia
Level Contributor
738 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vanuatu and naviti

Hi Nichole

Le Lagon resort is owned by the same company that Owens the Naviti and also offers an all inclusive package

We haven’t stayed at Le Lagon but visited when we were in Vanuatu this year it looked quite good with a great pool and access to the lagoon I think better than the Naviti close to town and transport and not many kids when we were there but I prefer Fiji over Vanuatu and doubt if we will returnee but if we do we will stay at Le Lagon

woy woy
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: vanuatu and naviti

Thanks everyone still in the where will go mode and excitement of it all!

5. Re: vanuatu and naviti

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 13, 2010