We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shangri La Fijian Ocean Family Room & Meal Package

Which Sigatoka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Shangri La Fijian Ocean Family Room & Meal Package

Hi fellow travellers,

Can someone tell me what type of family room I should get with a family of 5, Kids are 8, 5, 3. Should I be near the lagoon pool or somewhere else?

Also with the meal package - are the adults allowed to eat anywhere or am I limited to eating at one restaurant?

Many thanks.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
94 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shangri La Fijian Ocean Family Room & Meal Package

I think with 3 kids you have to be in the ocean view rooms - personally I like the lagoon rooms as right by the pool, near kids club etc etc but we only have 2 kids and I think from memory that's all the lagoon will house.

With the meal package you are limited to the Lagoon Terrace Buffet restaurant. Personally I wouldn't take it as there are 3 other restaurants and I loved deciding where to go each night. I am not a fan of buffets but that's just me!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
249 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shangri La Fijian Ocean Family Room & Meal Package

There are family rooms in the Lagoon wing as well as the Ocean wing. We stayed in the Lagoon wing when we were there last year with our 3 kids, although we booked 2 interconnecting rooms. It was fantastic doing that, but did increase the price by a lot! I am certain there are Lagoon family rooms also that will sleep a family of 5.

I think you'd be better in the lagoon wing, it is where the kids club is, also the pool where you are bound to spend lots of time, also is where tours leave from. It's no big deal to be in the Ocean wing either, but much less walking back and forth if you're in Lagoon.

With the meal plans, unless it has changed from last year, you could eat at any restaurant. The meal plan gave you a dollar value (sorry, can't remember how much) towards your meal at other restaurants, you just paid any difference. But definitely check this out in case it's changed, because I wouldn't recommend being locked into eating at the buffet only.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shangri La Fijian Ocean Family Room & Meal Package

When we stayed here a few years back we were in an Ocean family room,this was around near the non swimmable ocean side (view was lovely though).

It was nice and quite, close to the tennis courts and another pool thats near empty of people.

Your other option is to pay for 2 lagoon rooms and fingers crossed you get interconnecting on arrival, have had friends end up with rooms not next to each other.

Rene

Thirroul, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shangri La Fijian Ocean Family Room & Meal Package

Hi all,

just wondering if you can purchase the meal deal at the resort or whether you have to go thru your travel agent?

we are going as a family of 5 (3 young kids) in August for 8 nights

muchos grassy

Sydney
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Shangri La Fijian Ocean Family Room & Meal Package

Hi vanni67,

A meal deal is recommended at the Shangri La Fijian.

Rough costs through your travel agent/wholesaler should be A$45 per adult per day. This gives you one course / dish off any restaurant open for lunch, and for dinner this would be a pass to the international themed bufft that changes on a nightly basis.

If you don't want to buffet yourself out to much for dinner they then give you a F$59 credit to dine anywhere else, this can be used also towards one of the "shows" or fine dining etc etc.

MinKW

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
467 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shangri La Fijian Ocean Family Room & Meal Package

Hi cheeky

minKW is correct with the meal info - although when we were last there in Oct 08 the meal credit was FJD49.50 per adult for any of the restaurants or shows and you could have 1 meal from any of the restaurants open for lunch. There are 4 lunch places and about 5 for dinner plus the firewalking or Polynesian show on some nights. Lots of choice.

We have stayed on the Lagoon side and the Ocean side in family rooms. On the lagoon side you will have to have 2 rooms so the Ocean side would be a more economical choice but a bit further away from the action. We did really enjoy being right near the Coral Pool though because we nearly alway had it to ourselves and the Coral Cafe is a great lunch spot. The only downfall was walking all the way over to the Terrace Restaurant with the kids to collect their lunchboxes but we did this for 14 days and our kids never complained once.

7. Re: Shangri La Fijian Ocean Family Room & Meal Package

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 04, 2010