We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food and drinks

Which Sigatoka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Food and drinks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:11 am, May 17, 2015
Sydney
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Food and drinks

Hi

My Wife & I Just Got back From the Outrigger Today.I Must Say That This Was One Of The Worst Hotels we have stayed in. Five Star No way.We Will never Be Going There Ever again.The Food Was Very Expensive.We paid $20 for A Med pizza & $4 For a beer While the local shop next door sold it for $2.

There is nothing much to do at the resort only way to pass your time is the pool which i think is pretty small for the size of the resort.

As For surfing there is none at the outrigger & I Have not come across any surfers while i was there.Have not seen any waves either.You can try this contact no when you are there for all your transport requirements

Johnny's Taxi's & tours on (679)6520584 or (679)6520150

He Is a local & is Next to the outrigger.

Hope the above will help you and sorry to disappoint

hope you enjoy your stay at the outrigger I know i did not....

Only my opinion If you want a great Family holiday Good value for your money be pampered Go to Phuket.....

Melb, Aust
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Food and drinks

Hi Ozziewife, Firstly I haven't stayed at the Outrigger so can't comment, have heard it's very big and not so intimate but a holiday is what you make of it as well isn't it? Perhaps look into it a bit more and make sure it's your type of resort, if not maybe extend your stay at Castaway if the $$$ allows it?!

Anyhow we did saty at Castaway way back in 2000 for our honeymoon and still dream of it to this day - so relaxed and friendly and a beautiful location, lovely food ( I think the meal plans are worth taking). Reading the reviews and forums on this site seems that nothing has changed so all I can say is relax and enjoy.

We are back to Fiji in June as a family (trying treasure Island this time) and as with all our trips o/s we will stock up on duty free on the way over for 'pre-dinner drinks' and some snacks and choccys to keep in the mini bar fridge.

can't help with the surfing but I am sure someone will be able to.....

Sydney
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Food and drinks

I agree Outrigger is not a resort I would revisit ever again, particularly with children.

Not only was the food and drinks very expensive and the beach a bit diasappointing, but the pool sorrounds were "extremely" slippery and there were several exposed screws underwater in the in the kids area of the pool and nothing was done about them even after my son was badly injured.

4. Re: Food and drinks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:22 am, September 12, 2009