We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Landing overnight?

Brisbane
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First Landing overnight?

Hi there,

After a little advice from the Fiji regulars or those who have stayed at FL before heading out to the islands from Port Denarau. Planning a 4th trip back to Fiji with hubby (travelling with our 2 boys aged 5 & 1) and I've always wanted to check out First Landing. However, as it's worked out with flights, we will only have 1 night pre and post heading out to BLBR for 7 nights.

We have previously stayed at resorts in Denarau (but are after more down to earth, authentic accommodation this time). Also have stayed overnight at Raffles which we enjoyed but would just like to try somewhere new with a relaxed vibe to kick off our holiday. Our flight gets in from Brisbane at 4:50pm on a friday.

Obviously being that bit further away I'm concerned about the next morning being too rushed with the kids. Does anyone know FL's options for an early breakfast? Or would you jump in the cab that bit earlier and have breakfast at the port after checking in to the flyer (or is it even safe to leave your bags once they are checked in)?

Interested to hear some opinions. Am I just making things too difficult considering we are travelling with the kids, or is the extra distance worth it for an enjoyable first night & dinner at the restaurant?

Many thanks for any advice you can give.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,037 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Landing overnight?

We love to stay at FL as part of our holiday but min 2 nights if you have a late arrival and certainly not before a "Flyer" departure as you would have to leave the resort very early. (Think 45mins to Denarau, check in to Flyer, 30mins for b'fast, time for any shopping you might want to do.......... you'd want to leave FL between 6 & 6.30am - hardly worth the trip out there.) As you are arriving late/leaving early, I wouldn't do it post island. Try The Terraces at Denarau where you can walk across to the marina. What time does your flight leave on your departure? Certainly worth considering for you last night.....

Brisbane
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: First Landing overnight?

Many thanks for your reply, tez823.

Just the info that I needed to hear. As our departing flight is quite early, it looks as though we will miss out on a FL stopover this time.

I will definitely try to work it in for the next trip. I'm now looking at the Terraces for 1st/last nights, depending if I can get a good price. Alternatively will look at returning to Raffles or trying out the Tanoa Int.

Thanks again for your advice.

3. Re: First Landing overnight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, January 09, 2015