We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

Which Nadi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
Level Contributor
13 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
weather

is the weather nice in the summer and does anyone have an average temperature because i am going to the naviti in december with my family

melbourne
Level Contributor
256 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather

the fiji weather bureau site says that Nadi has Dec average temp of 31.4 celsius and Suva 29.8. I have seen other posts that suggest that it would be very humid at that time of year.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

Apparently Fiji is very hot in December so I would stay out of the sun and apply lots of sunblock!!! Or go after April in the cooler temperatures.

Suva, Fiji
Level Contributor
251 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather

Yes it certainly can be humid and hot in summer in Fiji. However at the Naviti you have air con which makes an amzing difference to the holiday. Most people only find the humidity a bother in trying to sleep at night in non-a/c rooms and bures.

Stuart

new york
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: weather

What is the weather like in July/August?

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,296 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather

Kirst, the tropical summer is the least desirable time (my experienced opinon) to visit. As the others have stated it's very humid, hot, the rainy season, and the sun is directly overhead and very intense. Sunbathing will need to be very dilligent and as strawberry says, lots of sunblock will be used. mchgal, July-August on the other hand is the south tropic "winter". Temps are much more comfortable with high 70's low 80's being the typical high during the day. Nightime lows are often in the 60's. humidity is at a minimum that time of year as well. The sun is hanging to the north and is at a relatively shallow angle so sunning is much better for tanning and not burning. If you go with some base color the extreme spf's like 30-45 will not be needed. Pub

6. Re: weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 15, 2009