We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Mercure to Lautoka

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
203 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Bus Mercure to Lautoka

Hi all, We have one day in Nadi before a week at Mana island.

I was thinking of getting a local bus to Lautoka, going to the markets there. Then we could hire a taxi for the afternoon and go to the Mud Baths and the sleeping giants. I also want to visit the orphanage.

Does this sound reasonable to the experts?

Thanks for your help. Can't wait to go next week, our 4th visit but just a quick one this time.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus Mercure to Lautoka

The local bus is a great idea - it's an experience in itself and very cheap (less than FJ$2). I haven't been to the Mud Baths but when I was in Fiji recently I met someone who had been and said it was not worth the effort - but you may get other people with different opinions on that. I have spent time at the Garden of the Sleeping Giant (I presume that's what youmean?) - and you could easily fill in an afternoon wandering around there.

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
1,973 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus Mercure to Lautoka

Cross to the opposite side of the road to Mercure (bus stop very close) and get on a local bus with 'Lautoka' on the front. Everything in Lautoka will be open weekdays, and Saturdays till about 1pm. Nothing much on a Sunday. Garden of the Sleeping Giant is very beautiful and well worth the trip. Not sure when you'll be on Mana - I'm there 3-13th Nov for our 'Returnees Week' (36th trip) so may catch up.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
203 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus Mercure to Lautoka

Thanks so much for your tips.

I was in Mana last in 1976 so expect to find the resort has changed a little!

Looking fwd to a little look around Lautoka, and also forgot to say about the Hindu Temple in Nadi,

4. Re: Bus Mercure to Lautoka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, November 05, 2013