We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Landscape Photography Tour :: Fiji Expedition

Which Nadi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
10 posts
Save Topic
Landscape Photography Tour :: Fiji Expedition

Hi guys,

Not interested in poolside cocktails and candlelight dinners - keen to explore Fiji in 10 days - main focus will be landscape and street photos...

5 days in Suva and 5 in Nadi - roughly.

Any tips ? Thanks !!!

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Landscape Photography Tour :: Fiji Expedition

There was a question about things to do in Suva and around Lautoka I answered a few weeks ago, so rather than rewriting it I've posted the link below, and also things to do around Nadi area. Make sure you do visit the markets in Suva and Nadi it's very interesting. And in Suva there are still many of the colonial heritage buildings dating back to the 1800's.

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g294331-i883-k5…

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294331-c134922/Fiji:…

Not sure what other information you are after, I'd like to hear

LTB

Hong Kong, China
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Landscape Photography Tour :: Fiji Expedition

Thanks LTB.

great list there.

an early morning sunlight in sigatoka sand dunes is one particular item wanted to capture... i hope feb-march is suitable.

plus some local village stay etc.

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Landscape Photography Tour :: Fiji Expedition

The problem you may encounter in Feb/early March is the weather. It's the rainy season and cyclone season. Unfortunately I can't predict the weather but I can say that it will be very hot and humid at this time.

Also think about going up to Koroyanitu National Heritage Park and visit Abaca and Navala Village via Lautoka There are genuine village stays up there with very basic accommodation.

Navala village is the last traditionally built village on Viti Levu. If you do a google search of images, you'll find many interesting pictures.

hope this helps, LTB

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
548 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Landscape Photography Tour :: Fiji Expedition

I would also suggest that you try to get out to the Kings Highway which runs from Suva to Lautoka (over the 'top' of the island), it is the less travelled route but very scenic with lots of great photo ops.

5. Re: Landscape Photography Tour :: Fiji Expedition

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, January 08, 2013