We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time HELP!!

australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
First time HELP!!

Hi there,

My husband & I are travelling to Fiji in June for 10 days. I already have accom. for 4 nights at Outrigger, which I am happy with, but cant decide where to go for the other 6 nights!!!

How does this sound??? Arriving late, stay at a resort close to airport, next day 2 nights at an island (just to experience that side of it!) come back & 3 nights at Sonaisali (can do some inland trips, and also are close enough to drive to Denarau golf club to play )Then last four nights at Outrigger.

I thoght this would cover a bit of everything. What do you experts advise!!!!

We are thinking maybe Tokoriki Island (apparently the rooms are beautiful) or Mololo, but have heard the beach there is a bit shelly! Does anyone have any reports on these twoplaces??

We are 40 years old, but young at heart & enjoy meeting new people & perhaps are a couple of "old" party animals!!!

Thank you so much for any info....

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,301 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time HELP!!

Lushlin, I'm not the guy to back you up on the Coral Coast. I would not stay there. The weather is inferior, notably in "winter". While some of the resorts get great reviews, in my opinion it's all about location. I know it's not the same day in and out but I spent 7 days on the coral coast one August and it was sunny for half a day. The beaches are not as good as the outer islands and the same goes for the lagoons. So please spend the other days at an offshore resort. Beachcomber is the party island but it's very small and real young. Plusses are the private bures are nuce, at least when I was there, and meals are included. Tokoriki is really expensive. Castaway has a great reputaion. I go to Plantation Island. A good mix of all ages, but don't expect a lot of partying. Plantation has a great beach. Cheers, Pub

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
945 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time HELP!!

lushlin,

Tokoriki is a nice resort. The rooms are beautiful. They were just renovated. I would not book Castaway unless you want to have kids everywhere. June is a big month for kids and Castaway is known to be a great place for families to go and stay. Matamanoa might be a good alternative and less expensive then Tokoriki. You might think about forgetting Sonaisali and going North to Maravu. They have some wonderful packages that include meals and some great activities. You will also meet great people from all over there.

katt