We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling with 4 year old

3 posts
Save Topic
Travelling with 4 year old

We're heading to Fiji in 2 weeks and will be catching a taxi from the airport to Port Denarau. Our son is 4 and I'm wondering if its safe taking him in a taxi or should I book a transfer? I assume they don't have child safety seats.

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling with 4 year old

Look at this Trip Advisor thread re car seats in vehicles. Airport taxis (yellow ones) would not have car seats normally.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g612490-i10704-k60…

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,003 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling with 4 year old

We have travelled with our son in Fiji since he was 4. At first we freaked out about going in cars with no car seats but he is fine with just a seatbelt. The max speed limit is 80kmh which they rarely manage to reach (avg about 60 most places) and we have always felt perfectly safe in both taxis and private transfer vehicles.

3. Re: Travelling with 4 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, August 30, 2014