We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kids too young for Seaspray. Other options from Mana?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
750 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Kids too young for Seaspray. Other options from Mana?

Hi, we were just about to book the Seaspray Sailing Day trip until I realised two of our kids are not old enough! Very disappointed.

We are staying on Mana Island and were wondering if anyone had any ideas of other tours, day trips we might be able to do without having to travel all the way back to Denarau?

Vinaka, Chellel

Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
201 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kids too young for Seaspray. Other options from Mana?

I'm not sure if they offer a day trip to Modriki from Mana? Also check with the backpackers as they run day trips too.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
426 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kids too young for Seaspray. Other options from Mana?

The Sea Spray leaves from Mana so no problems there :)

How old are the children?

I took my 2 teenage (13 + 15) daughters in September and they were certainly the youngest people on the boat.

The Sea Spray trip is OK, but I would not do it again.

The snorkelling is better on Mana from what I have read, thought the kids thought it was good at Modriki.

I think we spent no more than 90 minutes at the island before heading off on the Sea Spray for lunch and the next Island for the village visit.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
750 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kids too young for Seaspray. Other options from Mana?

Thanks, yes, the snorkelling on Mana Island is great, this will be our second visit.

We were starting to look into the backpackers to see what they have to offer, even just a trip out to the sandbar would be nice!

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,974 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kids too young for Seaspray. Other options from Mana?

This is a few years ago now but we got a boat from Mana and went to Castaway, Malolo and Plantation Islands for an afternoon Guess we could have done any of these. Any would suit young kids.

5. Re: Kids too young for Seaspray. Other options from Mana?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, November 11, 2013