We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in early August Castaway

Pacific Harbour...
Level Contributor
345 posts
79 reviews
Weather in early August Castaway

What type of weather would be expected early August at Mamanuca Islands, Yasawa Islands, and Cousteau? We had such a great trip we want to plan to back on my next vacation in August!!!! Thanks!!!!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
167 posts
1. Re: Weather in early August Castaway

August is the perfect time I think! We always plan our trips for mid to late Aug. It's still very warm - 75-80 -85 during the day with little or no humidity and a very slight breeze in the islands. I pack a very light sweater but never use it (except on the plane) and never have had to wear pants, other than capris. I still would bring one or a very light wrap if you'll be out at night. The sun is still intense and you will get burned, tanned as you want. We experienced alight rain once at night, but every day is sunny with gorgeous blue skies and sparkling water; warm enough for water sports, swimming etc. August for us is the best time, although we are considering going in Feb., for some real heat! Any time of the year sounds great here today - sunny, but below zero, a foot of the fluffy white stuff on the ground and more forecast for tommorrow!

Pacific Harbour...
Level Contributor
345 posts
79 reviews
2. Re: Weather in early August Castaway

Thanks!! We just got back from Fiji in February...it was the best! Even though it rained it didn't matter because it cooled things down and never lasted more than 5 minutes or so. I am going to book for August since it won't be too cold. I miss my Fijian friends!!!

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,315 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: Weather in early August Castaway

Most of my trips to Fiji have fallen in August, mainly beause it is the time we can go for the longest periods. In August as the first poster said the weather is ideal. Not too hot, (like February) the sun is not directly overhead and frying, (like February) humidity is lower and it's not the rainy season, (like February). Expect highs of around 82 lows of around 68. Stetches of beautiful sunnydays will be broken up by 1- 2 of overcast or high cloudiness. Only advantage Feb gives is less people and warmer water.

4. Re: Weather in early August Castaway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, September 20, 2009