We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Davui, Yasawa Island Resort, or Tavenui Island Resort?

Orange County...
Level Contributor
8 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Davui, Yasawa Island Resort, or Tavenui Island Resort?

My husband and are considering the above resorts for our anniversary trip in late May 2007. We enjoy relaxing, good food, scuba diving, hobie cats, horseback riding, cultural experiences, sightseeing, and swimming. Good AC and comfortable beds are a must. If you have been to any of the above resorts and have recommendations, we would love if you shared your thoughts. We are looking for a 5 star resort experience that also offers good overall value (when activities, food, etc. are considered).

Sydney
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Davui, Yasawa Island Resort, or Tavenui Island Resort?

We have just returned from Royal Davui (see our review - the most recent), highly recommended and recommend you deal direct with the resort.

It has everything you seem to want - except horse riding!

Mentioned in this post
Orange County...
Level Contributor
8 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Davui, Yasawa Island Resort, or Tavenui Island Resort?

Thank you Miles 73. Your review is extremely helpful and I was happy to hear you had such nice weather (even in the rainy season).

Were you permitted to take the hobie cat on your own, or were you accompanied by a guide?

The Royal Davui does sound incredible and something about it is drawing us there.

Mentioned in this post
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
17 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Davui, Yasawa Island Resort, or Tavenui Island Resort?

My wife and I visited Royal Davui in October and also had a wonderful time. Our review is also posted if you're interested in reading further. To answer your question, we did ride the Hobby cat with a guide, but they would have let us use it on our own if we felt comfortable. They might ask if someone can go with you the first time, but after that I'm sure they would let you go on your own. If you have any other questions I would be more than happy to answer.

Mentioned in this post
4. Re: Royal Davui, Yasawa Island Resort, or Tavenui Island Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, August 20, 2009