We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JMC vs Castaway...

Level Contributor
256 posts
Save Topic
JMC vs Castaway...

Anyone been to both? Why is JMC so much more expensive?

We are planning our trip (was supposed to be just hubby & I) with our daugther (8 and possibly her friend).

I can't figure out why the one is more pricey than the other though.

queensland
Level Contributor
291 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JMC vs Castaway...

Hi ho Tammy,

We have stayed at both...Jean Michel Cousteau is a beautiful spot to stay but im not too sure if your daughter and friend will enjoy it. There is only 25 bures on the island and i think it more geared to adults but others may disagree. Children under 12 are free and at the moment we have it advertised at $408 pp-pn for garden bure and $499 pp-pn for oceanfront bure.That includes..Breakfast,lunch,dinner and non alcoholic drinks. The flight over is $221 per adult and $122 per child under 12. We loved it there, it is very indulgent but im still not sure if your daughter and friend will enjoy it???? [ just my oppinion ]

Castaway was great too, we have stayed there 3 times and we love it. There is more to do regarding the children and they also love children and are very geared up for them with every acctivity you could ask for to keep them happy.We stay in the beachfront bure's as we just love stepping out the door and almost into the ocean.The price we have is $209.pp-pn-triple share in beach bure and $162 pp-pn-triple share. They also have a deal that if you pay a one time cost of $101. per adult and $50 per child that will include daily meals valid till march. It is more of a family resort and there is alot for you and the children to do.

I suppose it boils down to cost and what you want but they are both lovely but if i had children id go for Castaway, but its only my oppinion. Im sure there will be many replys on this one so good luck with it all and remember you and your husband might get a one on one holiday another time and then you could stay at another resort that will be geared towards couples. Have a ball and hope you find the info you are after.

Cheers...Warwick

2. Re: JMC vs Castaway...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, August 26, 2009