We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiji in early January

Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Fiji in early January

Hi,

I'm on my way to South America via the US, and have the option of spending a week in Fiji on the way at the start of January. While I would like to have a week to chill out on a beach, if there's a good chance its going to rain most of the time its probably not worth it.

Do you think its worth going, or should I just spend a week on the West Coast of the US somewhere instead? Is it likely that it will just rain for an hour or two a day, or is there a good chance that it will be overcast and rainy for a significant portion of my week?

If it is worth going, where would be the best part of Fiji to go?

Thanks

Jamie

New Zealand
Level Contributor
192 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Fiji in early January

Pub,

You are again being far to hard on Musket cove.

You can't spend all day on the beach anyway and all the other

advantages of Musket cove make up for a tidal beach.

Plantation is getting too big and is not what it used to be in my opinion.

Please think about other things, not just the beach when advising people where to stay in the islands is all I ask.

Cheers grant.

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,311 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Fiji in early January

Grant, we all have our opinions and I respect yours. I am the first to admit Plantation has become overbuilt and have said so many times. We are so distressed that we might not ever go back. As far as spending all day on the beach, I don't, but at the times of year I go it's possible to spend maybe half the day on it. LOL! Still I feel many people go to the Pacific looking for that postcard beach, Musket does not have it and I say so though I do recall many times saying it's a well kept place. Your thoughts are noted. Pub

13. Re: Fiji in early January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 pm, August 18, 2009