We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiji airways check in

Wanganui, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Fiji airways check in

Back in January we booked Fiji Airways to fly to Auckland from Hong Kong for a late July flight. I confirmed our flight and booking by email with the airline 48 hours before the flight. The airline replied confirming we were booked and that we should check in 3 hours before flight time which we did. When we got to the counter we were told that their were no seats for us and we may have to travel on a later flight. I pointed out we booked and pad 6 months ago, that we had written confirmation of our place on the flight. All to no avail. They did say that they would give us two vouchers of $40HKD each like it was a huge gesture we could have a cup of coffee something to eat and come back in an hours time. It took them 20 minutes to find the vouchers which did not cover the cost of coffee and a savoury only to be told we still had no seats. We asked to go on the ater flight, they would not do that either. 10 minutes before boarding time we got seat numbers and still had to go through security, customs and walk /run to gate 29. Yes you guessed it the plane was late loading missed its slot and was an hour late leaving which made us very nervous about missing our connection in Nadi. Shouldn't have worried though. The plane they called us for in Nadi ended up going to Sydney. We had to wait for the plane we had just exited to be cleaned to go to Auckland. Sub standard food and when we asked about our connecting flight the attendant and would we miss it, it just didn't register. I wrote and complained when we got home they acknowledged the email but 6 weeks later surprise surprise no reply, apology or explanation. Fiji Airways I promise you it will never happen again as we will never fly with you again

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,055 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fiji airways check in

Sounds like a pretty poor experience but unfortunately not the first we've heard of this kind. I think I'd be pretty reluctant to use FA for any flights besides AU - FJ. You can rate airlines on Trip Advisor here: http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Airlines

Wanganui, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fiji airways check in

Thanks for that tried to rate Fiji Airways but it is not on the list, don't know how to get it there. Can any one help

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,055 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fiji airways check in

It's still listed as Air Pacific (only changed to Fiji Airways in July). I have put in a request to TA to update the listing. You can still write your review under the AP listing.

Wanganui, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fiji airways check in

Hi Thanks for your suggestion and for the request to TA. I have been in there and when you got to do the review there is no Pacific air any more.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,055 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fiji airways check in

Ahhh - that's because there never was Pacific Air. The previous banner was Air Pacific and it is still listed under that heading..........

Wanganui, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fiji airways check in

Oh Dear senior moment

7. Re: Fiji airways check in

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 am, January 20, 2014
8. Re: Fiji airways check in

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 21, 2015