We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help!! Advice for family of 5 may holiday

melbourne
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Please help!! Advice for family of 5 may holiday

Hi all! Desperately in need of help with planning our holiday for may 2013.. We are travelling as a family of 5 (three boys aged 5, 8, 11) for 8 nights.

The reason for our desperation is due to the fact our plan A - castaway has no vacancies and plan B - Malolo is closed! So as we have already purchased flights feeling a bit lost! Our current thoughts are outrigger for the 8 nights in a family plantation bure or denaru for 3 nights and mana island for 5. Am very concerned with mana as reviews aren't great - we are fussy and don't want to be disappointed! We like a bit of luxury combined with fun for the kids - first time in fiji so want to make it right! Please help!!

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,656 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help!! Advice for family of 5 may holiday

Have a look at Navini. The quote in Fiji dollars and you pay per bure per night not per person and they are happy to reconfigure bures to suit families. The two room bure can sleep adults in one and the 3 children in the other. Lots of free inclusions that you pay for elsewhere. With the strong Aussie dollar at the moment you really save if you do the math.

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,329 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help!! Advice for family of 5 may holiday

Jean Michel Cousteau may suit.

Waitakere City, New...
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,578 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help!! Advice for family of 5 may holiday

Also check out the resort villas at Musket Cove, they are described as below...

"Sleeping up to 5 people these recently refurbished, townhouse style 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom air-conditioned villas feature a galley style kitchen, iPod docking station, TV/DVD and phone. The deck is ideal for entertaining and features a small spa, great for a quick cool down, a BBQ, hammock and outdoor furniture. (1 King + 3 Single – Great for families or couples sharing a holiday)"

There is complimentary snorkeling trips, kayaking, windsurfing and I forget what else, check their website for more info. From what I've read finding accommodation with three kids can be a bit difficult and with the fact that you have your flights booked I thought I'd throw this into the 'idea pool'.

Good Luck!

melbourne
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help!! Advice for family of 5 may holiday

Thanks guys, actually never looked at navini - will do that now!

JMC is actually my first choice but for over $9000 for 8 nights with transfers my hubbie says he wants air conditioning for that price (told you we are fussy!)

5. Re: Please help!! Advice for family of 5 may holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:12 pm, July 24, 2015
melbourne
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help!! Advice for family of 5 may holiday

ok this is great however, am more confused than ever!!

The one thing my husband wants is aircon in the room so navini and JMC are out of the mix I am certain I would prefer outrigger over shangri La so thats out...Muskat cove villas look perfect however appear to be booked on the dates we are travelling so back to square one!!

Outrigger in bure for 8 nights or denaru + mana (3/5 nights) Thoughts???

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Please help!! Advice for family of 5 may holiday

We have booked outrigger Beachfront bure has aircon. Then going sheraton villas. We have same thoughts as you guys. Need aircon badly and want to treat ourselves. We havent been to outrigger but have heard its fantastic especially for the kids. Sheraton is beautiful, we love it there even though you cant swim in the beach. Resaturants are great and so are the pools. We also wanted to do the islands but they are not open for a couple of months we were told. So we opted for outrigger. Shangri La is another great resort and very family friendly. The kids loved it there.

Good Luck and have a great time.

Mooloolaba...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Please help!! Advice for family of 5 may holiday

I would do Denerau and Mana. Radisson Blu in Denerau is great, kids club, 4 on site restaurants, hydro slide, air con, washing machine and dryer, best customer service I've ever experienced. We also did a day trip to Mana, we loved it. You'd just want to make sure you got a nice room

Waitakere City, New...
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,578 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please help!! Advice for family of 5 may holiday

Musket Cove also has Armstrong Villas which might suit...

www.musketcovefiji.com/armstrongvillas.htm

They also have other, private villas which they rent out on the island. You might want to contact them with your dates to see what's available and if they might suit.

Waitakere City, New...
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,578 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please help!! Advice for family of 5 may holiday

I think this is pretty funny. I was just reading the review for First Landing which I hadn't looked at for a while and I thought one of them was from you. Check it out, you can't miss it.

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

She has the same picture thingie (whatever you call them) as you, has three young boys, they like their five star accommodation but were doing a bit of a budget thing on a stopover on the way back to Aussie from the States.

Honestly, I thought it was the OP on this thread. Maybe you should contact her. First Landing has some lovely villas (with their own pool, spa baths etc, AC, kitchens and washing equipment) I know it's not what you were originally asking for but if it suited her and her family, well you never know.