We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiji, Golf, Adult Only Recommendations

tacoma
Level Contributor
68 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Fiji, Golf, Adult Only Recommendations

I'm trying to narrow down all the decisions for a trip - I accomplished one thing and that was deciding on Fiji over Tahiti...now where to :-)

I would prefer an adult-only - my husband needs to golf but is by no means a golf snob - in fact he would prefer a 9-hole over spending LOTS on 18.

I've looked at Namale as they are all-inclusive and include golf. As far as budget Namale would be at my top end. Wondering if there are other suggestions? Thanks for any suggestions

tacoma
Level Contributor
68 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Fiji, Golf, Adult Only Recommendations

Thanks so much for the replies and suggestions. We were also looking at Koro Sun but were a bit concerned with the mixed reviews. Although this is pretty typical this trip is a little bit more of an investment than a spring break in Hawaii. Any feedback on Koro Sun would also be appreciated.

12. Re: Fiji, Golf, Adult Only Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 pm, February 06, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Fiji, Golf, Adult Only Recommendations

Back on topic, I haven't been to Koro Sun before sorry.

If your budget is around that of Namale, I'd be looking at Taveuni Island Resort.

They offer golf, it's high end and won numerous awards, and if you are looking to stay before April 2013 for more than 4 nights they have an awesome 50% off deal at present.

www.taveuniislandresort.com/WOW-SPECIAL.pdf

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
36 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Fiji, Golf, Adult Only Recommendations

Well my wife and I are going back to Toberua in June for our 30th visit since our first in 1984 which probably says it all when we've not been to one other place to stay in Fiji in all that time just in case its not as good as Toberua.

We are both avid golfers but the course is secondary to the relaxing nature of the place (and of course the quality of the food and excellent staff).

The 9 hole course there is free and about as demanding as you can get anywhere. It is only open at low tide and was setup by Ken Done the Australian artist many years ago after he was sitting around the bar at low tide with a few friends and they agreed it would make a fine course. All holes are par 3 and the record (held by a local is 21 off the stick). Clubs are provided and they only use wedges or sand wedges. It is as hard for a low handicapper as it is for a high one due to the many variables on the course (incoming tide, coral, mangroves).

As for adult only just steer clear of any Australian / NZ school holiday period and and you'll be fine.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,661 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Fiji, Golf, Adult Only Recommendations

Koro Sun nice resort but beach across the road. We enjoyed lots of organised activities but didn't play golf.

16. Re: Fiji, Golf, Adult Only Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 11, 2014