We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Fiji - nadi

1 post
Weather in Fiji - nadi

Hi

Just wondering what the current situation is with the weather. We arrive saturday I know it's the wet season and there has been flooding but is this likely to continue for the next week? If are the floods are rising should I be concerned aboutine and my girlfriends safety? Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
551 posts
54 reviews
1. Re: Weather in Fiji - nadi

Heavy floods at the moment. Hopefully it'll get better towards the end of the week. It really depends where you are heading as some roads are cut off.

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
49 reviews
2. Re: Weather in Fiji - nadi

This message was put on the Department of foreign affairs last night to advise of situation hope it helps. The Fijian National Weather Forecasting Centre has advised there is a severe flood warning in force for Viti Levu. Nadi is currently experiencing flooding, including disruptions to roads connecting Nadi International Airport to the resorts on the Coral Coast, Denarau and Mamanuca Islands. If you are currently in Fiji you should follow the instructions of local authorities. If you are planning to travel to Fiji you should contact your tour operator to check whether tourist services at your planned destination have been affected.

3. Re: Weather in Fiji - nadi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:34 am, May 02, 2013