We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for Stuart re Savusavu

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
847 posts
Save Topic
Question for Stuart re Savusavu

Hi Stuart, left a message for you back on my Savusavu Activities topic, but I think you may have missed it. Fiji-Suz has given me some great leads on 'things to do in Savusavu' and we will certainly be chasing them up when we get there. In fact, between the 2 of you, we certainly know where to go to eat :)

However, I was wondering if you have any further suggestions for us on the best way to spend our 2 full days in Savusavu, eg. do you know any other boats that might be available to take us out for a day snorkelling, sightseeing etc. just in case Fiji-Suz's friend isn't available.

I have emailed Trip N Tour office, but had no reply. We arrive March 11, and leave March 14.

I would love to see manta rays - Fiji-Suz has told me about a dolphin encounter trip (which sounds great), but do you know of any manta ray hang-outs around Savusavu?

Mentioned in this post
Savusavu
Savusavu
Vanua Levu, Fiji
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
Coral Cats - Day Trips
Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling
Big Blue Fiji
Scuba & Snorkeling, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Macazo Group
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Water Sports, Fishing Charters & Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
847 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for Stuart re Savusavu

Still trying to catch Stuart if I can!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
847 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Question for Stuart re Savusavu

Hi Stuart, have heard back from Trip N Tour. Edward has suggested a full-day sailing trip (but didn't tell me the name) which goes for a picnic lunch somewhere (?) and stops for swimming/snorkelling. Otherwise, there is the waterfall/rainforest tour.

Would still love to hear any further ideas from you. Thanks.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
847 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Question for Stuart re Savusavu

Hi Stuart, have heard back from Trip N Tour. Edward has suggested a full-day sailing trip (but didn't tell me the name) which goes for a picnic lunch somewhere (?) and stops for swimming/snorkelling. Otherwise, there is the waterfall/rainforest tour.

Would still love to hear any further ideas from you. Thanks.

Suva, Fiji
Level Contributor
251 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question for Stuart re Savusavu

Hi helpfiji,

Sorry it's taken me quite a while to get this PC as i am right in the middle of rebuilding Tui Tai and I only have 8 weeks left to finish her to her full glory again! (currently, dare I say it, still on shedule for all mods!)

Anyway what yacht Edward is talking about is Seahawk. Yes a cool yacht captained by Isaac and a good day out.

The waterfall is on the road to labasa, and I have to admit that i have yet to go there myself! In fact my partner Helen and i are planning on going up there next Sunday with TTAC's Ops Manager Tania and her husband. I'll try and report back...

Mantas aren't as easy as that unfortunately, we're not Kona who attracts them... It is a good time of year to see them though, summer has lower viz diving, with the warm water, but of course this means more food for the mantas.

Hope this helps, now i have to get back to my welding and carpentry!

Stuart

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
847 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Question for Stuart re Savusavu

Hi Stuart - thank you for taking time out to post me an answer - very much appreciated.

We are looking forward to our brief stay - will look out for you. Hopefully by then (mid-March) you will be nearing the end of your up-grade!

Cheers, Yvonne.