We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surf and dive fiji

Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Surf and dive fiji

Was wondering if anyone has heard of or stayed at a backpacker resort near Nadi called rendezvous(surf and dive Fiji). None of the travel agents I have been to have heard of this place. I found the place on the net while looking for places to stay. It looks like a great place to surf from and cheap accommodation. I am heading over to Fiji in August and I am keen to get some good surfing in but staying in budget accomodation. Tavarua was too expensive but I am keen to surf some of the reefs out there and posssibly surf cloudbreak.

Fiji Surf School
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Subsurface Fiji
Endless Summer Surf Academy
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, Fishing Charters & Tours
Brothers Surf Tours
Suva, Fiji
Level Contributor
251 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surf and dive fiji

Yes it exists and is quite popular with the young backpacker surf crowd. Sound slike it's what you're looking for.

Also close to there is Seashell Cove which ran similar trips for surfers out to the reef. But Seashell has been bought over by a large hotel firm so may change it's demographic and product somewhat.

Stuart

Fiji Islands
Level Contributor
693 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Surf and dive fiji

If I were you, I'd go to Seashell, which is now called "Seashell at Momi." Their surf pacakges are CHEAP - and yes, Stuart is right, they've been purchased by a new company, however, they are keeping their last year's prices for this year as well. Rendevouz is owned by a Fijian man, he is not a surfer, and it is quite basic. For inexpensive surfing and a great atmosphere, go with Seashell - you'll have fun! And they surf Cloudbreak every Saturday (weather permitting and as long as Tavarua allows it).

Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Surf and dive fiji

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.