We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

water taxi

QLD
9 posts
Save Topic
water taxi

Hi has anyone ever taken the Sea Fiji water taxi?

We are arriving at Nadi at 5.00pm and dont want to overnight to get to Mana. The watertaxi will take us but I was wondering what it is like as it will be quite dark by the time we get on the boat.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Australia
Level Contributor
817 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: water taxi

I looked at that for an option to get out to Mana the same day as we arrive, but have you looked at the prices? We decided it was too expensive so are now flying out there first thing the next morning with Pacific Sun.Staying the first night at Raffles.

Regards Tracy

Edited: 10:14 pm, March 21, 2010
QLD
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: water taxi

Yes i have looked at the price and it is not to bad - I am a travel agent so can get good rates

SouthOz
Level Contributor
72 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: water taxi

I am also interested in hearing from anybody who has used the Seataxi at night for island transfer.

Nadi
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: water taxi

Hi, my husband has travelled a few times on the water taxi due to his work...safe to say that he has reached home and is still going. He has said that it can get quite choppy...hope this helps.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,661 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: water taxi

We used it several times to and from Matamanoa it was about F$900 and that was a few years ago. There were 6 of us and sharing the cost made it affordable. The rate is the same for up to 8 or 9 people I think. In retrospect I think you would be better off staying on the mainland the first night and taking the first flight out to the island. The trip in the dark is a bit daunting knowing all the reefs are around. They now where they are going but........!! A night in Nadi is cheaper than on Mana and arriving late you are paying for a day you haven't had. We have flown to Mana for breakfast on the early plane then transferred on to Matamanoa too, quite a good way to go. That was before the new boats went into service with the advent of Amanuca Resort.

6. Re: water taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 27, 2010