We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP....I can't decide???

California USA
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
HELP....I can't decide???

I need help!!! I will be going to Fiji in January and I have two options:

A) Matamanoa 5 nights then 4/3night blue lagoon yasawa cruise

B) Matamanoa 4 nights then 7/6night blue lagoon yasawa cruise

All I plan on doing is snorkeling and I don't need to be entertained. I can add more days on to plan A and plan B is more expensive. What to do???

Someone told me that being on Matamanoa for more then 5 days will make you stir crazy and that you will see every bit of the reef out in front of your room, is this true?

I need all the advise I can get, please help. Thanks in advance, Jen=)

Auckland
Level Contributor
14 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP....I can't decide???

I have just come back from the Yasawa Islands - some of the Islands are quite tidal so you need to be aware of that. There is a Bula Pass where you can Island hop which could be a good idea.

We spent 3 1/2 hours on the Yasawa Flyer going to an outer Island off Naviti called the Korovou Resort - this is very basic and the tide goes out a long way. A bit disappointing

After that we spent the night on the Wanna Taki Backpackers Cruise - this was the best night of our stay in Fiji - the snorkling was great, the village vist was free and you could kayak when you wanted to. The food was surburb. costs $99 per night including food.

If I was going back to Fiji - I would stay on the mainland to do a day shopping and then go to an Atoll rather than a volcanic high island as the weather seems to be better somewhere like Beachcomber if you are young or Bounty if you are older.

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP....I can't decide???

Bugsy, I hate it when people say they go sir crazy after a few days. Don't go to the south pacific then, go to freakin Hawaii or better yet New York. As for the mainland for shopping (re other advice) why would anyone want to shop in the south pacific? even a woman? Nadi is a dump and the merchants more agressive than anyone in the stinkhole Caribbean. I agree with Beachcomber or Bounty though. Weather is best in the Mamanuca's. Beachcomber is not an atoll by the way. It is a low lying sand key. Pub

California USA
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP....I can't decide???

I have no problem staying in one spot and soaking in the sun. I have been to a couple different places and the one place I was stir crazy and ( broke) was Hawaii.

Thanks for the response. I think we decided to do the Matamanoa 6night and the cruise 4 day/3night through Yasawa Islands. This will be my first time in Fiji and I can't wait!!! Does anbody have any advise before I go? Thanks in advance, Jen=)