We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather and where to stay

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
weather and where to stay

What is the weather like at end of Feb beginning of March, can only go then due to husbands job. Really like to go to Fiji, both love snorkelling but after reading forum not sure where to stay, want good budget accom. but don't just want to lie in sun all day. Suggestions would be good.

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,314 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather and where to stay

Devonian, Greetings! I love the U.K. where exactly are you from there? The end of Feb-March will be hot, humid, and in the midst of the rainy season. However it does not rain constantly so don't worry. Often it will be very sunny then rain late in the day. Don't worry about lying the sun that time of year, you won't want to! The sun will be straight overhead at noon, that coupled with the heat and humidity, will be trying conditions. Sounds perfect for lots of time in the water! Which is about the warmest it gets all year those months. Most Mamanuca island resorts will offer great snorkelling. Tavenui a large island in the north part of the island group will have good snorkelling and better diving. Another member named Katt really likes Navini and says the snorkelling is fantastic. Stay away from the main island, I'd hate to see you travel all the way from England and be disappointed. Feel free to post me some more notes if you have any specific questions. Hopefully some others will throw in their thoughts for you as well. Cheers, Pub