We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in April

southern California
Level Contributor
96 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in April

Quick qestion: is Fiji's weather ok in April. Does it usually rain a lot and is there any typhoon risk? Also, are there any good resorts with dive ops on the sunshine coast? Thanks for your help

Australia
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in April

there can be cyclones in April but it is the tail end of the season so cyclones are unlikely to hit at this time. The weather in April is still quite warm and humid (around 25-28 degrees during the day). It's usually sunny in the mamanucas and coral coast, but I think they still get quite a bit of rain in the north at this time of the year.

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,301 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in April

I have only been to Fiji is July, August, and October, however I have done tons of research and I have spent extensive time in Tahiti during April. The rainy season is tapering off and it's pretty hot still. A friend visited Fiji due to my touting it constantly, and he went in April. They had loads of sun (mamanuca's) and it rained a bit each late afternoon. In Tahiti we had loads of sun and a few overcast days thrown in here and there. It rained mostly at night only. Temps were high 80's and high 70's at night. Expect fairly similar in Fiji. My suggestion is stay away from the main island, you will be disappointed. Cheers, Pub