We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warwick Resort or Naviti Resort?

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Warwick Resort or Naviti Resort?

Both sound good. My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Fiji. I have read reviews and both sound great. I am leaning a bit more towards The Warwick Resort but is it really worth the extra money over The Naviti?

We are a couple and don't mind kids, we just wouldn't go in school holidays!

Would love some opinions on both these resorts and especially those who have stayed at both.

What are they like? Are they modern, clean? We're not expecting 5 star, just a fun holiday!

Also, we are going to combine our holiday with an Island stay as well. Is Plantation Island resort good?

Thanks for your help.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
10,016 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Warwick Resort or Naviti Resort?

The Warwick by far. It is well worth the money. Naviti has according to a review some problems with food poisoning from the buffet.

That aside the Warwick is worth the extra dollars.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Warwick Resort or Naviti Resort?

Great! Thanks for that! The Warwick sounds fantastic from all the reviews I've read.

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Warwick Resort or Naviti Resort?

Strawberrypatch11

We are planning on staying at the Warwick ourselves next March with our 3 kids. We had the same problem on which Resort to choose, but decided to go with the Warwick on the reccommendation of a friend who had stayed there some years ago.

Now Plantation...... We stayed at Plantation with our kids a couple of years ago. We had a blast!!! Yes, it is a little rough around the edges and perhaps a little tired if I had to be picky. (Which personally I'm not!) The accommodation is simple but clean, with house keeping changing sheets and cleaning your room everyday! (Fantastic when you are a Mum!!!). Food is good and plentiful if you go for the meal deal. We ate 3 meals a day, but I think just Breakast and Dinner would be fine for most people. If you get peckish, there are a couple of shops and a snack bar that sell toasted sandwiches etc. You may also like to try Ananda's Restaurant (also at Plantation) or Dick's Place at the neighbouring Musket Cove Resort. (about 15 mins stroll along the beach).

We personally just loved the place!!!! We couldn't say more great things about it. The staff are just amazing and really make up for what some people think the resort is lacking...What that is, I don't know....as Plantation seems to have it all! No, it isn't 5 star, but who wants 5 star? I could stay at a 5 star resort anywhere on the Gold Coast. Fiji is really about getting out there and meeting the locals and experiencing abit of culture. Its a great place for the price with plenty of activites!!!

We will return there again one day, perhaps after this trip. Our next trip there is for our Wedding, so we are heading to the Warwick then on to Treasure Island.

Hope this was a help.

Cheers!

Cricket123

Country Victoria
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Warwick Resort or Naviti Resort?

You will love the Warwick - the staff are so friendly. We had friends staying at the Naviti so we visited them and vice versa, we couldn't wait to get back to the Warwick, the noise at the Naviti was horrible and we have children! Our friends seemed to think the Naviti was OK, although they were impressed with the Warwick. There is a shuttle bus that runs between the 2 resorts.

You'll have loads of fun as well, the activity staff are the most energetic, happiest, friendliest people we've ever met. They will get you involved (but only if you want to do the activities)

The Warwick was very clean and comfortable, with great air conditioning. The bathrooms need a bit of an update but were still clean and really you dont spend long in the bathrooms! Food was a good variety and the seafood beautiful.

I don't know anything about Plantation as this was out first trip to Fiji - can't wait to get back there soon. If you want more info please ask.

Cheers

5. Re: Warwick Resort or Naviti Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, August 29, 2009