We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding in fiji

leeds
6 posts
Save Topic
wedding in fiji

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to have a civil wedding in fiji, if you are from the U.K. We enquired about hawaii and were told we it was not legally possible, we wld have to marry in the u.k and then have a blessing in hawaii, is this the same for fiji?

also would the weather be good in may?

kind regards,

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,979 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wedding in fiji

You can legally marry in Fiji. It is a very popular destination for many English people for weddings. You need to apply for a marriage licence, at least 48 hours ahead, in person so you would have to spend a few days in Nadi or Suva. A lot of resorts will arrange everything for you. You could also contact the Fiji touorist bureau, they could probably give you more advice. The weather in May is usually very nice. Warm, not too hot, cooler at night and the water temp. is great too . My advice is go to the islands.

auckland
Level Contributor
376 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wedding in fiji

try mana island. check their website they have a special for weddings on at the moment.

Very nice chapel which has a stunning outlook. also do beach weddings.

Check their website www.manafiji.com

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wedding in fiji

Hi,

I have my wedding booked in Fiji at New Year and am travelling from Scotland. I used resortweddings.com who are based in Brisbane and they were very good. You can also contact the big resorts via their websites and most of them have wedding co-ordinators. Your fiji marriage is legally recognised in the UK. You can have a civil or religious ceremony.

We have booked our wedding through resortweddings but booked the flights ourselves from the UK.

Hope this helps.

4. Re: wedding in fiji

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 pm, September 10, 2009