We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from El Vigia/Merida to Caracas

Tallinn
2 posts
Save Topic
Flights from El Vigia/Merida to Caracas

Good people, please help with the following topic :)

As we would like to fly back from Merida to Caracas (to catch flight to Los Roques at the same day) in the beginning of November, I am absolutely in trouble with finding adecuate info about the carriers and flight schedule. Regarding Conviasa wep-page, they have morning flight, what about other companies? Lonely Planet says there sould be also Santa Barbara operating, but I can not find any info in internet.

Also, when it comes to booking flight tickets, is it amost impossible for people outside Venezuela?

All advices and suggestions are very welcome!

Caracas, Venezuela
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from El Vigia/Merida to Caracas

I recommend Laser Airlines :

www.laser.com.ve

The cheapest way is to pay in cash at the airline office in Venezuela when you get here. If booking outside Venezuela, you may have to contact the reservations department, and they may need a fax of your credit card.

One website where you can pay online for Venezuelan domestic flights is www.despegar.com

Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from El Vigia/Merida to Caracas

Laser shows a flight at 1:45 pm from el Vigia.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
11 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights from El Vigia/Merida to Caracas

I prebooked my flights in Venezuela with Ceclia from Bernal Tours. I booked a flight from Caracas to Ciudad Bolivar, Angel Falls tour, flight from Puerto Ordaz to Caracas and a flight from Caracas to Merida. I used paypal to pay, but you can also pay with money transfer. I flew on Laser from Caracs to Merida. I wanr you must show up very early for these flights. I showed up 2 hours in advance and did not get on. The plane was overbooked and the took off 30 minutes early. I rebooked for the following day and showed up 4 hours in advance, just to be sure I got on.

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
49 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights from El Vigia/Merida to Caracas

That's terrifying info - I'l have a 6 am flight from Caracas to El Vigia - and going to the terminal evem 3 h in advance is in the middle of the night....

Is that so for the early morning flight as well?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
11 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights from El Vigia/Merida to Caracas

Hello MSander, The flight I had was at 8:30 am with Laser, and we left the hotel at 6am. We stayed nearby in Maiquetia. It was short 10 minute ride. Our hotel was Il Prezzano (www.ilprezzano.com). It is very basic, and the rooms are small, but it had hot water and a 24 hours reception. The reception had a cab waiting for us in the morning. We did not explore the area of Maiquetia, but we used it a place for a layover, since we had such a short time from our arrival the night before to our departure in the morning. After we were not let onto the flight the following day, we decided to stay in Caracas and we accommodated ourselves at "Posada de la Vida" since our flight was rebooked for the following afternoon around 4pm.

6. Re: Flights from El Vigia/Merida to Caracas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, October 21, 2012