We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lost world tour

doncaster england
2 posts
Save Topic
lost world tour

my wife and i are going on the lost world tour in venezula on 16/02/2005.

we are not sure about type of clothing and if to take our walking boot with us

can anyone tell us if they have been on this tour what to expect?

NY, NY
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: lost world tour

I just came back from visiting Canaima National Park and it's absolutely amazing. You should bring:

-Hiking shoes or boots (indispensable)

-Water shoes or sandals (No flip-flops or velcro-only sandals! these will come off if swimming in streams and rivers)

-Rain poncho (indispensable)

-At least one long sleeved shirt (nylon 'traveling'/hiking shirts that dry out fast will work great on the hiking trips).

-At least one long pair of hiking pants (best are those that convert to shorts).

-Shorts, t-shirts

-Hat (indispensable)

-High factor sunscreen

-Mosquito repellent

-Camera and plenty of film. Better yet, waterproof or plastic protected cameras as you will walk through or near waterfalls, rivers, streams and ponds.

**Overall, it's warm in the day and slightly cool at night. People think that because it's a tropical country they will be fine in shorts and tank tops. I recommend instead that when you go in excursions you wear your swimsuit under a long sleeve shirt and long hiking pants and you will be perfectly protected from the elements.

Have a great trip!