We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport regulation...

Which Montevideo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santiago
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Airport regulation...

I recently flew to B.Aires (to see the totally amazing Jamie Cullum gig) from Santiago, Chile; in the Santiago airport are restriction about carrying fluids in cabin luggage only in flights to USA, but when we returned to Chile, in Ezeiza airport the police didn't allowed to carry any tipe of fluids or gel so we had to reorganize all the luggage in the counter. Does anyone know if in Carrasco airport the policia aerea have the same kind of restriction?

Montevideo, Uruguay
Level Contributor
384 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport regulation...

It depends on the airline. American and United don't allow to carry fluids , gels or creams, but the other airlines don't have restrictions

Santiago
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport regulation...

Thanks Renata!!!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
466 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport regulation...

I'm flying from Puerto Montt->MVD (with 2 hour layover in Santiago)

in December and want to bring some wine from Chile to Uruguay with me

the airline is "LAN"... do you think I will have any problems bringing 8-12 bottles with me (of wine)?

also.. I'm flying Aerolineas Argentinas from MVD to EZE and hope to bring at least a few of those bottles with me then as well..

then home to San Francisco on Delta From BsA..

am I asking for trouble?.. I just purchased a perfect carry on rolling luggage that stores 12 bottles very securely, but I'm still afraid to "check it".. since I've seen how rough those bags are treated by the handlers....

also, how far away from the center of Montevideo is the airport?..

thanks!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
466 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport regulation...

also.. do I need a Visa (cost?) to fly into Montevideo?

I heard I need to show a "return ticket".. to prove I'm leaving.. is this true?..

I have an "E-ticket" from Aerolineas Argentinas for my flight (5 days later) to Buenos Aires... will a printout of this Itinerary suffice since I won't have an ACTUAL paper ticket?

thanks!

Montevideo, Uruguay
Level Contributor
384 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport regulation...

The only question I can answer is that you don't need visa for Uruguay. The only country in South America where you need visa is Brazil.

Montevideo, Uruguay
Level Contributor
384 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport regulation...

The airport is about 15 km from the center of Montevideo

San Francisco
Level Contributor
466 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport regulation...

I think I might cancell my flight and take the buquebus, since it drops me off at the port in Buenos Aires instead of the airport.. that is so far away from Palermo..

how long does the direct buquebus take?..

thanks!

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,012 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport regulation...

Pelkey

This thread answers your question. I found it by putting the words Buquebus and Montevideo in the search box.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294323-i4804-k747…

Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
606 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport regulation...

we have great wines in uruguay too, drink in each country its wines so you dont have to carry them along !!!! you could find in uruguay wines form argentina and chile , but give uruguayan wines a chance

Try AMAT ( red wine ) is excellent , Stagnari viejo (red wine) Casa Filguiera sauvignon gris (white wine) ,

Montevideo, Uruguay
Level Contributor
384 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport regulation...

Adding to what Milu said about our wines, on Oct 2006 an uruguayan tannat wine "Stagnari" was world champion in a competition celebrated in Eslovenia: Ljubljana's International Wine Competition 2006.

Maybe you would like to try it and others.