We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tango Show in Montevideo

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
46,892 posts
288 reviews
Save Topic
Tango Show in Montevideo

Hi, anyone in this forum knows of a good place to see a good tango show, or tango dancing, in Montevideo?

Thanks

Silvia

central oregon
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tango Show in Montevideo

I haven't been, so this isn't a personal recomendation. Club Fun Fun in Ciudad Viejo has tango some nights. They have a web site and post a schedule of what and when their different activities are. This is not a show, but a night club with a dance floor.

El Milongan has dinner with a tango show. I don't know where it is located.

Montevideo, Uruguay
Level Contributor
326 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tango Show in Montevideo

Silvia,

Proba en este link - try at this site: http://www.barfunfun.com/funfun_esp.htm

creo que como lugar y cartelera pueden resultarte interesantes / as place and the agenda they display, it sounds as an interesting option. I know the place and it is typical. Drink the Fun-Fun cocktail, which is the traditional of the place.

When are you going there? best of luck in your trip!

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
25,564 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tango Show in Montevideo

The best tango dancing to be seen in Montevideo is at the Plaza Fabini. There the locals strut their stuff on the sidewalk near the plaza fountain. It's the real deal. All ages participate. Young people in their teens and twenties and oldsters in their fifties and sixties. A beautiful sight.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
46,892 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tango Show in Montevideo

You know, after leaving abroad for so many years, I sometimes fail to recognize the names of certain places, some of which have been changed. Where is Plaza Fabini?

Following the advice of others, I did go to FunFun and wrote a review when I came back. I loved it. True, you can't dance there, but it is certainly a very cozy and fun place to listen to tango and have a few drinks. I loved it and so did my daughter, despite her age (26).

I'll keep Plaza Fabini in mind for my next trip. Thanks a lot.

Silvia

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
25,564 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tango Show in Montevideo

Hi, Silvia,

The Plaza Fabini is about six blocks north of the Plaza Independencia on Av. 18 de Julio. I took a picture of the fountain in the middle of the plaza that I submitted (along with 7 other pictures of Montevideo) to TripAdvisor on the page for the Holiday Inn in Montevideo, where I stayed in May. The pictures should be posted later on today. I loved Uruguay, especially Montevideo, which has so many beautiful buildings. The people were really friendly and helpful, too. Can't wait to get back there.

MonteCD

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
46,892 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tango Show in Montevideo

Thanks for the info Monte. I just looked at your picture of Plaza Fabini and it looks like what I knew as plaza El Entrevero.

Thank you for writing so many wonderful comments about my home town and my "compatriotas".

Silvia

PS: I found today this link with tango info in Montevideo. Nice packages for learning to tango. www.montevideo-tango.com.

Punta del Este...
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tango Show in Montevideo

From last Sunday's Washington Post:

washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/…

Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
636 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tango Show in Montevideo

PuntaL, thanks for the link Joventango is a great place for tango lovers

9. Re: Tango Show in Montevideo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 pm, October 01, 2009