We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to See, Do...

Kentucky
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Topic
What to See, Do...

Milu - I hope you're still out there. Can you give me some more tips on things to do.

Also, this is going to sound really weird, but I was in Barcelona last August and fell in love with Sangria... Do they have Sangria in Uruguay?

And when does the club futbol season start? And what is the schedule for the World Cup Qualifying? I'll probably miss in with my luck.

Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
613 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to See, Do...

Hi, I��m still here

Lets see , we do have sangria in Uruguay , and clericot ( first one red wine (rose) + orange, the second white wine + fruits (apple, orange, grappes etc,)

But here you must try red wine Tannat (

The futbol championship has already start ( every week end you could find pe��arol or nacional having a match somewhere )

and for the world cup we played last saturday in venezuela ,and the next match I think is tomorrow in Per��, then you��ll have to wait until July I think (as we are not doing well I dont know much in advance )

Tell me the kind of things you ��d like to do and I try to find informtaion about

Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
613 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to See, Do...

Consuela,

I haven��t ckeck this page , but it could be helpful

www.museodelfutbol.com.uy

Tel (0598 2) 480 1259

D��as y Horarios:

Viernes (de 12:00 a 19:00 hs.)

S��bados (de 10:00 a 17:00 hs.)

Domingos (de 10:00 a 17:00 hs.)

Feriados Festivos (de 10:00

Kentucky
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What to See, Do...

Milu

Thanks for the info... I have been following the Uruguay national team on a cable sports channel. I think they are going to need a miracle to get into the world cup. I will check out the museum and hopefully will be able to see a match when I'm there in October.

Muchas gracias!

Consuela

New York, NY
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What to See, Do...

Hi, am planning on spending the day in Colonia in late august, spend the night there, then trake the bus to montivideo and spend the day there. any suggestions on what to do?

Or do you suggest i stay overnight in montevideo instead of colonia?

also, does anyone know where i can find the schedule of the jet foil to colonia from buenos aires? i tried the buqebus website but the website is down or does not work. thanks...

Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
613 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to See, Do...

Hi, imm1979

have you try buquebus.com then Uruguay, then Horarios,

the page is working , there you can choose if you want to go MVD BS As direclty or again by Colonia ( there you have 2 options)

About spending the night in Colonia depends in what day you are there and if you like calm places with some bars where you can have lunch or listen music ( but that is just weekends).

In Montevideo you can go for a stroll in the old city ( ciudad vieja)

vist el mercado del puerto for lunch, around there , Perez castellano street where you can find artists atelliers and then Bacacay Street.

There are several museums there, Torres garcia is highly recomended.

You have 18 de julio the main street where you can see the traces of a better past of the country in some buildings.

The riverside promenade is a nice place too, but all depens in what kind of things you´d like.