We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buquebus

Which Montevideo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mayo
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
buquebus

Hi just wondering - I am in SA for a month or so in November, I have most of my accomodation booked. I am wondering will I have to book the Buquebus much in advance. I plan on going midweek between Montevideo and BA so any info appreciated

Punta del Este...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Punta del Este
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buquebus

Unless the ocntinuing tourism boom in BA goes through the roof this fall/summer (in the southern hemisphere), you should have no trouble booking passage one or two days before you travel, especially mid-week. I guess prudence might suggest booking 3-4 days in advance.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
7 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: buquebus

Midweek you should have plenty of options and not need to book in advance. If you arrive at the Puerto Madero departure point an hour before departure you should be able to pick up your ticket then.

I you'd like to pick up your ticket beforehand you can stop in Puerto Madero, the ticket office on Cordoba, or the office in Recoleta or could even order your ticket online at the website below.

Mid-week prices are also significantly better than weekends.

If you have an extra day, I highly recommend stopping in Colonia. It's very charming and different from anything you'll see in BA or Montevideo. You could even take an early morning Buequebus, take 5-6 hours in Colonia and then take the 2 hour bus trip to Montevideo. Buequebus can book the bus trip for you also and the bus station is a block a way from the Buquebus arrival point.

Buen viaje.

http://www.buquebus.com

3. Re: buquebus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, September 11, 2009