We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Huge taxes and fees, normal? (Hotel)

San Jose, Ca
1 post
Save Topic
Huge taxes and fees, normal? (Hotel)

I'm trying to book a room for 6 days using Orbitz. The hotel price per day is $21.79USD. For 6 days equals $130.74. However, final price is $200 which includes taxes and fees. That's 52% in taxes and fees. Does this sound about right? I checked other hotels and 52% is the norm. This is for the Days Inn Obelisk. It has good reviews and for $33 with taxes and fees a night I think it's a good value. I'm not sure about the location, good, bad, so-so, etc.

Also, this is important so would appreciate a reply. If we check out around 9am on Sunday 13 May, and our plane departs 2130 hrs same day from EZE, can we make it to the airport in time? Figuring being there 2 hrs before departure that gives me 10 hrs to get there from MV. Can it be done? I haven't planned to and from MV transportation, but for now, is 10 hrs ok? Is there direct transportation from MV to EZE?

Thank you for any help

Eddie

Brasilia, DF
Level Contributor
608 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Huge taxes and fees, normal? (Hotel)

about hotel fees , why don you check with hotel direct , location is not the best ( across bus station) but for price is good ( 21 us is much less than you pay in IBIS accord hotels . but that amount for taxes i dont understand.

About flight btw montevideo ezeiza you shoul have no problems but youd better have your reservation for conection asap. ( usually uruguayans flying to thge states takes their coneection via bs as , so is perfectly doable)

To get from downtown to airport is not more than 45 minutes, and chek in lines are not very heavy

2. Re: Huge taxes and fees, normal? (Hotel)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, August 29, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Montevideo