We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ermitage Hotel

Perth
Level Contributor
32 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Ermitage Hotel

I'm going to Montevideo in July and have booked the Ermitage. I'm surprised that it only rates 1* on this site as I was under the impression it was a 3* hotel. Any feedback on this hotel would be appreciated.

What sort of weather can I expect during July in Buenos Aires, Iguassu Falls and Montevideo. Should I bring fairly formal outfits or is it fairly casual like in Oz? Will I need a coat or will layers of jumpers etc. be sufficient? I can't imagine how cold it will be!

Porto Alegre, RS
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ermitage Hotel

Hey Chrissie,

I can't help you with information about the hotel (actually, I was interested in staying there and was also looking for more info). However, I can give you some tips about the weather. Well, since you are from Perth, you can expect the temperatures in Buenos Aires and Montevideo be just a little colder than in Perth in the winter. On the other hand, in Iguassu Falls you can expect warmer temperatures. However, wheather isn't being very steady in this region during the last winters and temperatures can vary a lot from one week to the other. So my advice is that you bring warm clothes, but be prepared for temperatures around the 20 to 25ºC on some days.

Perth
Level Contributor
32 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ermitage Hotel

Thank you for that information. Ermitage Hotel looks v. nice. I shall try and post some information on my return in August.

Cromer, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ermitage Hotel

I stayed at the Ermitage on two occasions. The last time was in 1999 and since then I know it has been renovated. When I stayed it was clean but basic, although there was an in-room safe and tv. Its in an excellent position, only a block away from Pocitos beach and a 10 minute walk to the Punta Carretas shopping centre. Its close to the main avenidas where you can catch taxis or buses into town or to the other neighborhoods. The weather in July can be quite cold in the early mornings and evenings, because its near the coast the humidity makes it feel a bit colder than it actually is. Layer clothing is a good idea. Don't forget to visit the Port Market near the old town of Montevideo if you are a meat eater.

Buenos AIres
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ermitage Hotel

Hi! Don't know if you're going to read this, but just wanted to tell you about my experience. I stayed at this hotel in November last year. It was very nice. Everything was clean, tidy and breakfast was good.

I strongly recommend this hotel if you're going to be in Montevideo. Have to warn you that July is very cold and since the hotel is almost facing the beach it will be quite windy.

Buenos Aires is as cold as Montevideo during the winter, less windy though.

Expect lots of humidity at Iguazu falls!!! lots!

Hope u have a great trip.

5. Re: Ermitage Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 pm, August 28, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Montevideo